Is it Safe to Take Whey Protein?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warfarinking

I would like to start taking Whey Protein as a replacement meal and I seen that there is no Vitamin K in any of the protein but I read somewhere about them having some sort of soy that may interact with the Warfarin or Metropolol I'm taking...can anyone give me the green light on this? I also seen that I should use this "Naturade Whey is 100% whey protein" since it doesn't contain any type of soy product. I'm very miss informed!

Thanks!:confused:

I also take a Whey isolate protein shake. I am not on any meds, so again I am not help. I also take a post workout drink which I feel helps me after a good workout. Both made by Allmax Nutrition. Whey isoflex protein, and Krush Loaded for after workout.

Warfarinking,

I'll just repeat our mantra. Sure! Take it, but take it consistently AND check your INR about 3-4 days after starting the Whey Protein and again about a week later just to see how it affects you.

Actually, the whey protein may show changes in INR within a day or so -- some materials get very rapid response. (For example, if you have a lot of greens, your INR can change in a day or so) It's warfarin that takes 3 or 4 days to show results.
Whey protein is derived from milk -- I don't know of pure whey having any impact on INR -- but Kristy's advice is right on -- be consistent with your use of whey, test your blood and adjust the dose of warfarin to your diet - not the other way around.

Latest posts

Back