Is it normal for echo's to be THIS abnormal post-op?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too concur with some of the posts here Dee in that it's still pretty recent since your OHS & your heart is still mending & will continue to mend for months still.

The only thing that kind of raises a red flag is your SOB at lying down or flat which causes you to start coughing. This does sound like fluid build-up as Al mentioned & I would definitely mention this symptom to your surgeon or cardio soon.

I can't imagine how some of you mom's manage to cope with the struggle of OHS recovery & having to take care of young children! This has got to be so hard to do & I admire you so!

Best wishes to you & take care!

I too concur with some of the posts here Dee in that it's still pretty recent since your OHS & your heart is still mending & will continue to mend for months still.

The only thing that kind of raises a red flag is your SOB at lying down or flat which causes you to start coughing. This does sound like fluid build-up as Al mentioned & I would definitely mention this symptom to your surgeon or cardio soon.

I can't imagine how some of you mom's manage to cope with the struggle of OHS recovery & having to take care of young children! This has got to be so hard to do & I admire you so!

Best wishes to you & take care!

Thanks, Norma! I finally heard back from my surgeon yesterday in regards to my echo films and his impressions were the same. He agreed that there is moderate-to-severe TR as well as moderate PH but he wants to give it another 3 months (six months post-op) before he can get a true picture. Hopefully, things will improve. As for the fluid, I saw my cardiologist last week and she said I'm experiencing symptoms of CHF and put me back on the Lasix as well as some other heart healing medications. Said I should feel better, but I can't say I do yet. Hopefully I WILL soon because moms can't afford to be sick can they? It's a challenge, but I get through by counting my blessings...I have a wonderful daughter and husband and my mom comes down when she can to help. Thanks so much for caring. You take care of yourself now! Dee

Latest posts

Back