INRatio Strips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Here is my problem. I am trying to locate a pharmacy either in the US or Canada that sells the INRatio strips in lots of 12. I was using Raytel however my last set of strips were bad and giving me false readings. I called HemoSense which agreed to replace them however they would not sell direct to me. I refuse to use QAS so that isn't a option. Anyone out there use a pharmacy to order from. My local pharmacies look at me like I have a 3rd eye in my forehead and have no idea what a INRatio machine is let alone be able to order the strips. Like my doctor said today you would think I was trying to order a controlled substance instead of strips.

Strips

Strips

There are numerous suppliers for InRatio test strips. I've never found a pharmacy that stocks test strips. Test strips are not something that your local drug store can sell enough of to make money.

I stopped buying boxes of 12 a long time ago. It's simply cheaper for me to purchase in bulk (48 strips). I quit purchasing from QAS because they refused to sell me strips in bulk. It made little sense to purchase in quanities of 12 at a cost in the neighborhood of $16.00 per strip when purchasing in bulk costs me around $4.00 to $5.00. My cardiologist actually writes me scripts for boxes of 48.

Drop me a PM if you're intereste in some sources other than QAS. I'll share mine.

-Philip

I think your problem may be that you may only be able to get them in lots of 48 strips. (I use a ProTime meter and they sell mine in packs of 25, but I've had to get 48 for my CoaguChek S).

You can probably go online and find a vendor who sells to medical practitioners - and your doctor should be able to buy them for you -- but they may expire before you've used them all up. (If your doctor's office does testing, perhaps they can split an order with you)

I've suggested previously - and suggest again - that others who may have extra strips (maybe they had to buy 48) may be able to send you a private message and offer to split a batch with you. As long as it's done through private messaging--and the Valve Replacement Forum can't possibly (nor should it) monitor all messages between users, the forum shouldn't be held responsible for facilitating this. I just think that people who want to - and can - do their own testing and/or anticoagulation management should be allowed to. THIS IS A PUBLIC HEALTH ISSUE - and I really believe that putting up blocks between those who CAN successfully self test and the medical establishment may result in a higher number of strokes, deaths, or other coagulation-related emergencies than making these things available. I know there are a few here who don't agree - and I'll get another round of flak for it. If you already have a meter, and already can use the meter, and possibly have a doctor who can advise on management issues - if those on this forum can't already give good advice - then why SHOULDN'T you be able to?

(If you're comfortable with it, you may be able to buy some strips on eBay -- I think I've seen some sold in smaller quantities)

i was referred to Sterling Medical Services 1-888-255-2855 maybe they can help you

Has anyone had any success with buying extra test strips when on Medicare. It's my understanding that Medicare will only pay for one test per week. I would like to get some extras for those times when we need to do it more often such as following surgery, etc. ANy su
ggestions where I can buy directly and pay for them myself?

You can certainly take a risk (probably not too bit a risk, but a bit of a risk nonetheless) and get them on eBay or Amazon.

I've seen two or three people selling just 10 or so at a time -- for one reason or another, they no longer need them. These are often short expiration dates (one or two months, and usually pretty low cost).

If your doctor is willing, (s)he may be able to order them for you, and you pay his or her costs. Also - if your doctor does your testing and uses an InRatio, perhaps you can buy some from the doctor -- it just means that the doctor may have to order a new supply a few days or weeks sooner than usual.

Perhaps someone on this forum who has extras can send you an e-mail message and offer to sell you some of his or hers. I've suggested this in other posts, and think that being able to split packages of 48 would help those involved.

Strips

Strips

InRatio test strips are readily available from a multitude of medical supply companies. It's easy to find companies which will sell 12 packs if bulk (48) purchase isn't preferred. The best thing about bulk purchase is price; buying in bulk typically provides a cheaper price per strip.

-Philip

Latest posts

Back