INRatio on its way!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie10

I just got a call from Stacey at QAS to let me know they are shipping my INRatio next week! I tried several years ago to get one, but insurance denied my claim (surprise, surprise) so I kind of gave up on the idea. After seeing so many members who self-test, I decided to try again with my new insurance co. Lo and behold, success!! I have already ordered Al.s coumadin logarithms.:D

I'm so happy for you. It's very liberating to have the ability to test at home, anytime you need to.

I also have INRatio on its way. My PCP wrote Rx on 2/9/07. Initially turned down by Antherm Senior Advantge medicare. Got approval for 6 months use after one "appeal" tele call. I should receive it by 2/28.

Whats this about "Al's coumadin logarithms" ?

dick0236 said:
I also have INRatio on its way. My PCP wrote Rx on 2/9/07. Initially turned down by Antherm Senior Advantge medicare. Got approval for 6 months use after one "appeal" tele call. I should receive it by 2/28.

Whats this about "Al's coumadin logarithms" ?

WARFARIN DOSING ALGORITHMS

This is a single sheet of 110 pound white card stock. It will be folded into thirds. Each section then contains one algorithm in flow sheet format. This is suitable for a clinician's lab-coat pocket, or a doctor's office. It can also be used by those who test their INR at home and adjust their own warfarin doses. The algorithms are titled, "WARFARIN PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL", "INITIATION OF WARFARIN THERAPY FOR AN INPATIENT", "INITIATION OF WARFARIN THERAPY FOR AN OUTPATIENT", "WARFARIN DOSE ADJUSTMENTS BASED ON A DESIRED INR OF 2.0 TO 3.0", WARFARIN DOSE ADJUSTMENTS BASED ON A DESIRED INR OF 2.5 TO 3.5", and "TREATMENT OF INR ABOVE THE THERAPEUTIC RANGE".

Please note the disclaimer, "These algorithms are for guidelines only. They are not intended for any one specific patient. Each patient must be individually treated using the best professional judgment."

ISBN 0-9720675-3-X Price $4.95 includes postage. Usually ships by First Class Mail the next day.

To purchase click the "Buy Now" button below

http://www.warfarinfo.com/publications.htm

Hi Anita

You're going to love love love it!!!!! We just came home from a test with our cardio's coumadin clinic's INRatio and ours. She tested Tyce at 3.0, ours tested Tyce at 2.8....fine for my blood!!!! It's sooooo easy to use, does its own controls, is great to travel with. We also ordered an electric cord for it from QAS....I'm not a battery person and would rather know for sure the it's operating at 100% current......I'd always be worrying about a low battery altering the reading or something like that, which Tyce (my husband) says won't happen, but who knows.

Good luck with it. Also remember to get capillary refill tubes.....they're wonderful for sucking that blood droplet up....rather than having to try to aim for the lighted circle, you just drop it in.

i just wish they would have a carrying case like the coagucheks where I could store all my supplies....this one is a semi-hard case but very fitting and too small for even the booklet.....

Let us know how you like it.

Evelyn

I just get a hanging drop of blood from my finger and touch it to the lighted circle (only the blood, don't let my skin touch the circle). I don't try to get it to drop from my finger onto the circle. I've never tried the capillary tubes but any here use them.

I also dab off the first blood to come out of the finger and use the next drop. Kind of for the same reason you collect a urine sample in mid-stream.;)

Back