INRatio Machine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewValveNY

As a result of my surgeon's suggestion, I am going to be entering the world of at home INR testing. I had a St Jude aortic valve put in Jan 2007, and feel good about minimizing the risk factors of taking warfarin for the rest of my days. Does anyone have any suggestions about using this particular machine?

I am new to this forum, and I want to wish everyone a full life and contentment.Some of us have been through heart surgery that has changed our lives for the better while presenting us with new challenges. Good luck to all!

The INRatio is a wonderful machine. Easy to use, accurate, portable and even a bit fun. Sure beats those arm sticks.

You will be able to learn to use it quickly.

I love my INRatio. Kudos to your surgeon for being the one to recommend it! Too many doctors still buy into the myth that home testing isn't accurate.

My understanding is that there is a new version of the home tester coming down the pike shortly. It will address my only complaint with the INRatio and that's the need for the device to be horozontal while testing.

The new one will wick the blood droplet up through capillary action in the test strip and be much like the home testers that diabetics use.

Bring the device to the blood and not the blood to the device. Good idea.

Sounds like the model Computec is referring to is the new CoaguChek XS.
Yes, you can take the machine to your finger with this one :D
You can drop the blood from the top or touch the side of strip with the fingers and it will pull in the sample.
We did not find a need to hold the machine in hand and take it to the finger because it was so easy to apply sample.
Sample application zone is basically a whole width of the strip, including the side.
Besides, we did not want to risk dropping the machine ($$$ :eek: ). We leave the machine on the table and take the finger to the machine.
It is now available in U.S. and seems to cost the same as InRatio and Protime.

We have been using it for over a year and couldn't be happier :)
It is small and easy to use.
We found it to be very accurate and consistent.

We tested back to back several time on 2 XS machines (another friend has one, too) with 2 different lots of the strips. Most of time, zero variance. When result differ, they differ by just 0.1. I think we've seen 0.2 difference only once and that was when tested a few hours apart. That's what I call consistent! ;)

Glad to learn that ..................

Glad to learn that ..................

surgeons, doctors are learning about home testing.

It's a giant step forward and you will will be beter maintained than having to wait for lab results. Your veins will thank you.

Cheers

Back