INR Tests while on Holiday in the US

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am 5weeks post AVR ( mechanical )
and as one expects my INR is far from stable therefore I am on weekly tests,

on March 3rd we are coming to Orlando Florida for Daytona Bike week we will be in Florida for 15 days and I would like to have my INR tested rather than wait until I get back home to the UK.

Will it be possible for me to just turn up to a clinic or hospital and get this done, I realise I will have to pay but how do I go about finding the locations and telephone numbers of such clinics
I hope someone can advise me as I am a little bit worried

also is there a standard charge or does it vary place to place
I will be able to bring enough Warfarin with me it will just be the blood test I need

Thanks
Jan (Liverpool England )

Hi Jan

Have a wonderful time in Orlando!

Just so happens I had frequented that area post MVR and used the local hospital lab. It's more like a hotel if you ask me.
They are wonderful. Wait was less than a half hour each time. Less than a mile from the main gate of the Magic Kingdom.

You will need a doctors order. Have them write it for you as follows:

INR and range. i.e 2.5 - 3.0. Stat, release results to patient.
You can then call your doctor and advise him of your level for adjustments.

This became second nature to me before obtaining my Coaguchek. Traveling is a breeze now!

Safe trip and let me know how it works out for you.

Florida Hospital Celebration Health
400 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida 34747

407/764-4000
http://www.celebrationhealth.com/

Last edited:
Anticoagulation Clinics

Anticoagulation Clinics

In addition to Gina's suggestion try this link: http://www.acforum.org/clinic.html

Not sure how updated the list is, but it lists every clinic by region/state.

Say hi to my old pals Mickey and Minnie while your're there.

Testing in the USA

Testing in the USA

Hi Gina
Many thanks for the information, we will be staying about 7 miles from Celebration so that will be easy to get too for us,

I am at the Warfarin Clinic on Friday so I will ask the Dr for a letter as you advised.

HI Perry,
Thank you for the clinic list, it will be helpful when we do some touring in the USA

Our main reason for our visit is Daytona Bike week but I will remember to say Hi to Minnie & Mickey

Thanks to you Both

Jan

INR Testing in Orlando

INR Testing in Orlando

Dear Jan,

It just so happens that Quality Assured Services, Inc. is located in Orlando, Florida. As you may be aware, we are the national distributor for the ProTime Microcoagulation System in the United States. If you would like to come in the office for a demo and test yourself, we would be glad to assist you. Please email me as to when you will be here at [email protected]. Hope we can help!

Lance

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back