INR steady at 1.9 despite change

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaughClown

ok, my INR has been stable at 1.9 for three tests now (~2wks apart each)
This is despite alot of eating changes, starting school, moving, increasing activity and increasing my coumadin from 25mg/wk one week week post-op with a 2.7inr. Its dropped steadily since then even though Ive increased to 50mg now 13 wks po
my tests were 2.2, 2.7, 2.4, 2.1, 1.9, 1.9, 1.9

I could understand if they were all over the place. The nurse double checked the date over the draw when she heard the last one.

I thought i had actually been getting more symptoms lately. Is it possible that i could get increased sympotms but my clotting stay the same

Your life is becoming busier and your INR is going to drop with all that activity. Don't worry about the amount you have to take to stay in range, that will be the correct dose for you when you find it. See where you are at 50 mg per week. You may still need a tiny bit more.

What do you mean by "increased symptoms"?

and Ross is right.:)

I just thought it was strange that my meds increase perfectly coincided with my increased activity to balance my inr where it is. It sounds like im thinking too much into it though.
As far as symptoms, my hair is falling out a little more than a few weeks ago, a get a little dizzy when Im bending over then stand up I sometimes i get light headed.
The most was when I was moving over the weekend and I over did it. Twice I got kind of tunnel/wall-eye vision for a minute. Once I carried a box into the house and my arms felt really heavy, I would sometimes feel sluggish/tired after running around gathering stuff, a couple times minutes after i had sat down.
Ive had lesser experiences aside from moving the past couple weeks that I thought were from my inr raising but now Im pretty sure all of the symptoms were me pushing myself too hard.

I usually tried to sit down or rest if i tired but by the end (it was a long process) i just wanted to get it done with. What was weird is that i was on three hours of sleep anyways but i wasnt sleepy, just physically exhausted. I only got 10 hours of sleep in 86 hrs but i wasnt tired, so i just cleaned, boxed, and put away foggy headed.
Not sleeping isnt all too uncommon for me though. Ill have to work on that.

too make a synopsis of a long story, i thought what was over exursion was increased meds.

Hi LaughClown,

None of your symptoms are remotely due to a change in Coumadin or the INR. I would guess that you are on a multitude of other medications as well.

The dizziness on standing up or bending over sounds like ?orthostatic hypotension?. The causes are many. If you are on diuretics then you may have an electrolyte abnormality or you could be dehydrated from not the proper amount of fluids. If you were on beta blockers or ACE inhibitors then these would drive your blood pressure down. The beta blockers would make you feel lethargic and tired.

Bottom line, something has changed and needs to be properly evaluated by your cardiac doctor.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

LaughClown:

Combined or separately, your meds may have the effect of preventing you from sleeping. That is dangerous. You can't get by with only 10 hours of sleep within an 86-hour span. Your judgement is impaired, reaction times are increased. You're very susceptible to car and other accidents.

Call your PCP or cardiologist today!

Latest posts

Back