Inquiry from someone with newly diagnosed BAV

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khair kh

Hi
I was diagnosed with BAV a month ago and the doctor told me that the valve is working efficiently, but a few days ago I began to feel pain in the chest. Is it possible that this pain is related to the development of the valve condition or not? And is it possible to change the condition of the valve within a month? Note that he asked me to check up after a year

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Khair.

I began to feel pain in the chest (at the sternum in particular). Is it possible that this pain is related to the development of the valve condition or not?
Yes, it is possible. Or the pain could be from something else.

I was diagnosed with BAV a month ago and the doctor told me that the valve is working efficiently,
While it is good to hear that one's valve is working "efficiently", it is not very specific about your condition. As it pertains to your question about chest pain, without more info on your condition, it is hard to know how likely your chest pain is related to your valve. For example, if your condition was mildly stenotic, it would be likely that your pain is from something else other than your valve. On the other hand, if your evaluation 30 days ago found your valve was moderate/severely stenotic, then I think that the possibility that the pain is valve related goes up significantly.

Regardless of whether your chest pain is valve related or due to something else, you should contact your physician and have them try to get to the bottom of the pain. Chest pain should never be taken lightly, especially for those of us born with a BAV.

Welcome to the forum Khair.

Yes, it is possible. Or the pain could be from something else.

While it is good to hear that one's valve is working "efficiently", it is not very specific about your condition. As it pertains to your question about chest pain, without more info on your condition, it is hard to know how likely your chest pain is related to your valve. For example, if your condition was mildly stenotic, it would be likely that your pain is from something else other than your valve. On the other hand, if your evaluation 30 days ago found your valve was moderate/severely stenotic, then I think that the possibility that the pain is valve related goes up significantly.

Regardless of whether your chest pain is valve related or due to something else, you should contact your physician and have them try to get to the bottom of the pain. Chest pain should never be taken lightly, especially for those of us born with a BAV.
Thanks for your reply and advice mr chunc c

Latest posts

Back