Important Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cary-

I second Hensylee's welcome. You'll love this site. There's a treasure trove of info. here by people who've talked the talk and walked the walk. In the rarified air of valve replacement and other major heart problems, this is a really special place.

So many of our social contacts in our everyday lives just do not have any understanding of what this type of medical problem entails, even relatives, many have never even heard of valve replacement.

We're all quite opinionated and love to express ourselves. Of course, that's what makes it work. Sort of a little informational seminar each day.

So ask away and post here often.

hi cary!
welcome to this site. it is a wonderful place for support and hand holding as well as for info.
everyone here has truly helped me and continues to do so every day.
my husband, joey, had his rp done about 4 1/2 months ago in nyc. he is currently taking amiodarone for a-fib and it_thank God_ is doing a wonderful job. his cardio is thinking of taking him off it in march.
he's been golfing, biking, running and lifting some weights (even doing push-ups!!). in fact, he was almost back to 100% until he took a golf trip with some buddies and overdid the golfing... now he's back to being a little tender.
for the most part, we are both thrilled. he can take nice full breaths these days, something he hasn't done in years.
when did you have your rp? where? there are several other rp's here : mara, ben smith (as you already know), jaytwo, lancashirelad, and some others.
hope to see you back here soon.
be well, sylvia

Cary.........

Cary.........

Hey Cary, don;\'t take any offense toi what is said here.
All is weel amoungst the VR friends.
As when Frank or I get annoyed, "it gets honest"
Openness is especially important for each of us who have gone through or are facing valve surgery.

God Bless My friend,

ben

sylviayasgur said:
hi cary!
when did you have your rp? where? there are several other rp's here : mara, ben smith (as you already know), jaytwo, lancashirelad, and some others.

It will be 6 years in March. Mine was done by Dr. Vaughn Starnes at USC. I started the ross-procedure mail list a few years ago, which is where I know Ben from. There's around 150 subscribers now, so you or your husband might be interested in that, if you haven't seen it before.

Cary

Re: Cary.........

Re: Cary.........

Ben Smith said:
Hey Cary, don;\'t take any offense toi what is said here.

Nah, I didn't, just got the impression I had offended someone else unintentionally...it's hard to tell sometimes with email.

Seems like there's some nice community here, just like we've got on the RP mail list. Sorry I missed your trip out west, that would have been a gas. I'll be back in Ohio eventually, so I'll have to let you know when I'm out there.

Cary

Latest posts

Back