Immunizations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

I am going away on a coach trip round Europe in 5 weeks time and asked my GP about various immunisations. I had to fill out a form, saying where I was going and for how long etc. Anyway the nurse has just rang me to say she would like to give me a booster of Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio and Hepatitus A on the 18th May. Does anyone know if any of these vaccines have any effect on the INR range? I am on warfarin. Going for my INR test the Friday before, my tests are about 3-4 weeks apart now.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Katie
xx

I have had several Tetanus shots since my surgery with no effect on my INR. I'm not sure about the others you mention, although I do not remember any problems over the years with any inoculations I have received. Ask your pharmacist, they usually know if there could be an interaction.

The hep A vaccine may screw with your INR, so mention it to the doctor before you get the injection. As Dick mentioned, might be better to ask a pharmacist.

Well been today for my booster of tetanus, diptheria and polio and hepatitus a, asked at my warfarin clinic last Friday if they affect the IRN and they said I should be ok. Gotta go back this Friday as INR went up to 4.9, should be between 3 and 4, ideally 3.5. Hope it comes down.

Latest posts

Back