I'm home folks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scottie

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers ..they worked !!!..I'm safely home ...I'm having a hard time with sickness and they are still trying to find some meds that don't make me sick ...the only thing I have been able to keep down so far is water ...but I hoping now I'm home I'll feel better about food. So glad to see Ross has improved and that Bill is home too .Great News ! ...Everything went fine with me ..as smoothly as the surgeon said ..although they did give me a fright when they said that if I had waited any longer than the next two months I'd have been an emergency. What a wonderful gift some of the surgeons,Drs and nurses have .
Anyway still a bit weak here so I'm heading off for a rest ...I've already done my morning walk ...My husband drove me home through the best of the Highlands of Scotland on such a pretty day and I just kept thinking how blue the sky was and how green the land and how fortunate we are ....anyway enough soppiness .
Take care all and Thanks again
Scottie

Oh, Scottie - I am so happy to see you. And to know that all is well. Pretty scary to know that in a couple months you would have been in an emergency situation. Wow - we've been through our scare for this year (with Ross) so no more of them for awhile. Now you know that you made a good decision and that you will be around to see your grandchildren one of these days. Maybe they didn't 'suck out any fat' but the meds they gave you are doing the job?

I pray that all will go well and rapidly from here on. It will be better. Tears of happiness that you are fine - and home! Love - Ann:)

Hi Scottie-

Huge congratulations on your successful surgery. Isn't it wonderful to have it behind you? Your appetite will come back in a little bit. It takes a while for all the surgery stuff to get gone from your system. I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly. You have your life back!

Oh, Scottie, what a wonderful week it was. So glad you are back and mending. Now we get to have lots of adjustment. Enjoying the beautiful blue sky and green hills of you home with a new perspective will no doubt be one of them.

Hope they can get the upset stomach fixed, that is just awful to have sickness along with recovery.

More to come, on the "other" side of the mountain.

B.

Hi Scottie.....What a thrill to "hear" your post! We are so very glad you not only had the surgery when you did, but also are home for recuperation. It must have been a thrill to come back home. I'm sure not only you, but your husband thought that sky and land looked just a bit brighter, too. It's amazing the feelings you have coming home.
I know I felt so utterly grateful and appreciative and I guess the best word is blessed. Even the Long Island Expressway traffic was fine with me.

I wish you many more good years of teaching---I taught for 34 years and just retired in June--the day of Tyce's surgery. I'm sure your class misses you. I stopped in at school this week to have my haircut (high school vocational) and all my kids were so happy to see me....they truly do appreciate you!

Anyway, keep walking, napping, and taking those meds; soon you will be back in top form.

Evelyn

Scottie,

Great news to hear you are home and on the mend. I hope that your recovery is swift and uneventful.

My wife and I got to visit Scotland two years ago. It really is beautiful in the highlands. Hoot Mon.

Keep us posted as you get stronger.

Walter

welcome back

welcome back

Hi Scottie,

great to 'hear your voice' again. Delighted that your surgery went well and now you can look forward to a rapid recovery. Keep walking and get plenty of rest.

Best wishes,

Simon

hi scottie!
so glad to hear you are home and all went well. wishing you a smooth, easy and uneventful continued recovery.
by the way, mara gave us a great suggestion when joey had no appetite_ ice pops!
all the best and please keep us posted,
sylvia

Hi Scottie, Congratualtions on your successful surgery and all the best for a speedy and uneventful recovery. You sound like you're doing well. Keep up the great work.

I've been to Ireland many of times and if it's anything like Scotland, You had much more beautiful scenary coming home then say me and Evelyn, The Long Island Expressway. LOL.

Glad to see you home!

Scottie,
Great news! Sorry about the stomach sickness, but before you know it food will start to taste good again. Then it will start to taste really good again!

Welcome home, and take good care of yourself on your road to recovery.

Best,
John

Hi Scottie,

Great to "see" you are home and that all went well. Glad you had the surgery when you did and not ended up in an emergency situation.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and enjoy your life. It is precious!

Best wishes.
Christina

Scottie - Great to have you back. I remember when you wrote your doubts about going ahead with the surgery and now you write that you would have been an emergency in two months. I am really pleased that you went ahead and everything went well. I hope they can solve the sickness problem soon, can't do without food too long.

Welcome Home

Welcome Home

Hi Scottie

I am so pleased that you are home and that it all went well,

I am sure the sickness will soon pass, and then you can really get on with the recovery process,

Take care

Jan

Glad you are home

Glad you are home

Scottie..My daughter went to Scotland on her honeymoon. Said it was beautiful...Hope you feel better soon. Everyone, we need to e-mail Paula in Finland. Had a private mail..she is afraid her English is not so good. She will be having open-heart surgery in December...Also, does not know how to post real good. Maybe you could help her Hank? She will be having surgery in the worse time of year for walking..I tried to give her some suggestions..school gym, ect. Maybe you all can suggest some other things. Bonnie

Glad to "see" that you're back !!!

Glad to "see" that you're back !!!

Hi Scottie,
Happy to hear that you are o.k. Good to hear from you. Please continue to keep us posted.
Continued best wishes.
Don
AVR; 4/02; CCF; Cosgrove; Bovine Tissue

Scottie

Bonny lass, I see you on line but you don't tell us how you are doing. Great I hope, and yes I do fancy a little trip to my old family home and a spot of "water."

Hope all is going well for you during recovery. Mine is better than I expected, I have been blessed.

MY best wishes.

Bill

Welcome home!

My hands are trembling from ativan withdrawal, so it's hard for me to type. Please forgive me for keeping this short.

Love,
Ross

Latest posts

Back