I'm getting excited about surgery!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KristiinSD

Is that strange? I feel like I am looking forward to having surgery.

Kristi
mr
surgery 9/29/05

I know that I finally reached the point where I felt living with the stenosis was no longer possible, so when surgery was scheduled, it felt like a burden had been lifted from me.

I felt the same way...There was actually some talk about postponing mine, and monitoring it for 6 mos...I put in my 2cents, and decided to get it done and over with...

Jeff
AVR 07/06/05

Kristi,

Happy to hear that. It's definitely an adventure and it makes you more aware and appreciative of your body and its workings. Have fun with it and you will recover much faster.

Best of luck.

Once I came to terms I was just in the let's get it over with already mind set. Keep the positive attitude througout and you will do well.

Dan

surgery

surgery

Kristin, I was so tired of feeling bad and not getting any better that I practically ran into the operating room. Now I am so glad I had it done. Still wonder where the fortitude to have it done came from and still look at the scar down my chest and have trouble believing I let someone cut me open but so so glad It is done. Havent felt this good in years, many years.

Kind of know what you mean, i dont want my son to have surgery but i was up set when they changed his check up date. There again i sometimes wish it was over and done with.

Severe Mercy

Severe Mercy

I am not sure where I first read the phrase "severe mercy", but it sure described my AVR, which took place August 4th. The severe part lasted a few days. I expect the "mercy" part to last the rest of my life. The improved flow of oxygen rich blood through my new valve has been like a long cold drink from the fountain of youth. You are wise to look forward to your surgery, although you may wonder for a while immediately after you get it done.

I had the anxiety that so many people consider to be the worst part. They are right. Mixed with the anxiety, however, was the feeling of FINALLY facing the issue head-on & having a positive feeling of anticipation. I was fortunate to get thru it with just some minor "bumps in the road". I'm far from being completely recovered, but at 2 weeks+ post-op, I can tell you it IS something to be EXCITED about! Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back