I'm Baaaaackk!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekycat

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a short note to let you know, I had a succesful valve repair. I dibn't think they were ever going to let me out of there though!

I had my surgery on May 30, and was just released today! I did get to keep my own valve, but apparently because they put some sort of reinforcement ring in there, I need to be on the coumadin for about 8 weeks. They were having trouble getting that regulated, but now I have to go have an inr? done here in town on Sun. have them page the dr, and then she'll call me with how much to take Sun night.

All in all I feel pretty good, as long as I keep up with the pain meds. And I was just thinking I probably should have posted this on the post op board, but oh well, I think I'll go rest for a while now. Jean:D

Hi Jean,

Congratulations on your valve repair!! Cheers to a successful surgery and the best of luck for a speedy and uneventful recovery. Welcome to the other side of the mountain :D .

Hi Jean-

So glad to see your post. That's great news that your valve was repaired, and even better that you feel so well.

Many congratulations and welcome back:)

Congrats!

Congrats!

Great news, Jean! Time to relax, rest and get better. Your stint on coumadin should be uneventful once they get your doage figured out.

Glad they were able to go for the repair. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Congrats also

Congrats also

Glad you are out of the jail and back home where you do beling. Just do what the doctors say to do during recovery. You sound like you are doing fine optimistic. Kee it up and hang in there. Keep us updated now okay? take care and be good.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Hi Jean,
Welcome home and welcome to the Heart of the Rings Club!!! So glad that they were able to repair your valve... my repair was done Oct. 2000 and my cardio says that the valve is doing remarkably!!

Hope that your recovery is short, but boring!!!

Take care,
Zazzy

Latest posts

Back