I'm a coming around the mountain!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

Hello y'all!
I got home yesterday from Cleveland Clinic after a 2.5 hr trip. Short trip last night to the local ER to have a gaping drain hole suture looked at. My local card in Ann Arbor has refused to see me for my 5 day after discharge appt. His assist said the best they could do is May 13th, 2 days after I drive to Cleveland for my 6 week checkup. She said she would notate that I refused that appt.
You think the local hospital & drs are miffed at me because I went for a discouraged 2nd opinion & then decided to have the AVR done there?
I will drive back to Cleveland friday for my 1st followup. Great, not.
Oh, I had a bovine valve put in, Dr P. used my own tissue to repair my ascending aorta, & stitched up my atrial sept defect.
Works for ME!
Daiva

It's shocking they would deny you the care you clearly need. How can you not have oversight immediately post OHS?

Are you looking for new cardio? You may have to stay with this one until you are more into recovery, but just speaking for myself, this would destroy any chance of having a good doctor/patient relationship.

Good luck. While the ride to Cleveland is difficult, it seems your best option at the moment.

I'm sorry you are coping with these egos at such a difficult time in your life.

I find this shocking as well! Do you think the Dr. knows you are trying to see him and are just now post op, or is this just the receptionist/nurse doing the regular scheduling thing? I really don't think I could go back to that Dr.

When I returned home from the Mayo, there were messages on my answering machine from my local cardio looking for me because he thought I should already be home and he wondered why he hadn't heard from me yet. I wish you could find that kind of caring Dr. there. I'm sorry you have to deal with this at this time.

Kim

Hello Daiva!
Glad to hear you are coming around! I really do not want to believe that he is miffed but.... It sure looks like it to me. Maybe it is a miscommunication on the receptionists part. If not.... maybe Cleveland can refer you to a GREAT cardio in your area? I am so sorry you have to deal with this!!!!!!!! Hope today is better.

I agree, that is strange and I would look for another doc. Too much ego if this is the case. You said in your post that the docs used your own tissue to repair your ascending aorta; how does that work? I don't recall hearing of something like that. Glad you are back and all stitched up! Best of luck on the recovery!

Latest posts

Back