If you home test, how often do you lab test as well?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you home test, how often do you lab test as well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

geebee

For all of you who home test, how often (if at all) do you do a lab test for comparison purposes?

I test at home but usually do a lab test every couple of months just to ease my mind. I am curious as to whether it is really necessary and whether anyone else does this.

Thanks, in advance, for your replies.

I usually have mine drawn when I have my BMP and such for all the diuretics they have me on.

I compare it with my Dr's Coagucheck machine when I go in for my bi-annual check-ups. So I compare it with another machine every 6 months. I can't even remember the last time it was compared to a venus draw because the lab I went to has a Coagucheck machine and they don't do venus draws unless you're below 1.5 or above 4.0.

How often do I go to the lab for INR testing?

How often do I go to the lab for INR testing?

NEVER... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I home test weekly and have a lab draw once every six months. My Dr. is talking about going to once a year.
Take Care

I have an annual physical exam. At that time my PCP does a vein draw for all the blood tests and includes a protime. Last year for the first time my lab INR and Coaguchek INR were exactly the same- 3.2. This is unusual. How close do the two tests need to be? I think its OK if they are both in the therapeutic range 2.5-3.5 for mitrals , 2.0-3.0 for aortics.

I had to vote never as I haven't checked my protime since I started, but I think a more prudent approach would be to get it compared to your clinic at least once a year.

My inr was checked weekly, have now graduated to a month..always the finger stick..unless Im in hospital, then its always the OUCH!!!! :eek: , which if Ive just had or going for angio, then its every 4 hrs..OUCH! :eek: Vampire's , I tell you! ..they LIVE!!

Latest posts

Back