I need this surgery and of course, i am pretty scared....

• Thread starter myheartsafluttering
  • Start date
Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome stella! i'm new here,too.sending good vibes your way for your appointment w/your surgeon! trish

I have a date....

I have a date....

Hi everyone,

Saw my surgeon yesterday...explained all to me, was easy to talk to, had no problems answering my questions....actually, answered most of my questions before i asked them...i had my husband and a friend with me and we all asked questions and got good vibes from him...he also has a very good rep and his name came up through several sources.....went online too and all checks out well, so, he is the surgeon i will go with...the surgery is scheduled for June 18th , 8 a.m......a little scared still, but who wouldn't be, right? I'll go for labs and pre-surg testing and angiogram in a couple weeks....then off I go, into the wild blue yonder !! Talk to you later!

Dear Stella,

Welcome to the community & just remember that we have all been in your shoes before & we're still here to talk about & encourage each other through this very fearful time.

I have no doubt that you will be just fine. :) You will be in my prayers! :)

Thanks for your encouragement Norma......I'll keep you and the rest of the gang in my prayers too!

Stella

Hi Stella,

I am your age, I just had my surgery April 10. I am doing wonderful. The anticipation is much worse than the surgery. Once I got home from the hospital there really was no pain. The incision has a lot of odd sensations going on, but that is really all there is. I have been walking since the 2nd day, I had no problem opening or closing doors. Getting in and out of the shower was no problem either. I have slept in my bed since the first night. The one thing that was a real blessing was buying a chair for the shower. The steam makes you light headed, so to sit in there is real nice.

I had mine done in NY Presbyterian. My cousin's mom just had hers done in St. Francis. I know it is a wonderful heart hospital.

My doctor did Regis and David Letterman. He was going to do the minimal invasive also. Actually the mini sternum (sp), but he found out while I was out and they did a tee that I also needed on small by pass, so he had to make it larger.

Good Luck
xoxo
Just
KathyM

Latest posts

Back