I know I've asked this but...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kevin21

I need to find a new cardiologist. Does anyone know one in the Houston, Austin or Dallas area. And also, how would I go about finding another one that is good??

I have an HMO so I have to go see my primary phys. every freakin' time I get a referral.

I'm going to see her this week and get another referral from her and I'd like to have some other names so I can knock it all out at once...

Help!!

Several have had Houston surgeries and there are some good ones there. Dr DeBakey is there, too - remember him? Houston is noted for its advances in cardiology. Somebody will be along to give you names. God bless

Hi Kevin,
I am new tonight. I really am enjoying this site. You might try www.austinheart.com. I will be having surgery there after the first of the year. No exact date yet. We are finishing up the final tests. Anyway, there is a lot of info about the Austin Heart Center along with a list of the cardiologists and surgeons. Hope it helps you out.
Hello everyone. This site looks so welcome. I have been online over three hours and I know I will be back often
God Bless you all.

Hey, Polly -- let me be the first to welcome you to this wonderful heart home of ours. We have some very fine family members - we hardly ever squabble like most siblings, and we try to help where we can. Guess I got here before Ross, our resident nut and his therapist, Granny Bonnie but bet they will be here within minutes after me.

Be sure to keep in touch and let us know the date - ask any questions and you will get lots of responses. God bless:)

Hi Polly

Hi Polly

Welcome to our wonderful site...and Ann..You are suppose to be in bed with the flu..:( What are you doing up:D It's Sunday so guess Ross slept in..:) Polly..Janie is from Texas..Give her PM..(private message) Find it under her name..Janie...Bonnie

Kevin

Kevin

I can give you a few names in Houston, and some in Dallas as well.

In Houston I used to see Dr. Edward Massin. I saw him all my life. He's an adult cardiolgoist, but back when I was born he also saw children. Now he just sees adults. He is associated with St. Luke's Hopital. There is also a good group of doctors in the Texas Children's cardiology group, they see adults if the problem is congenital. I loved Dr. Anthony Chang. He's got a great bedside manner. I've seen several of them, though none on a regular basis. I was always sent over there for a second opinion when Dr. Massin was unsure of things, or just wanted to make sure he wasn't missing anything.

Here in Dalas I have nothing but fabulous things to say about my cardiologist, Dr. Lee Ann Pearse. She's wonderful, and I don't think I'll ever be able to move because I never want to change doctors again. :) She is a pediatric cardiologist, but she sees lots of adults with CHD as well (I found out about her from another adult with CHD). However, if you're wanting to see an "adult" cardiologist I can reccommend Dr. Khan Haong (a female doctor also). I've never actually seen her myself, but Dr. Pearse consults with her often on my case because she is very familiar with the effects that CHDs can have later in life. If Dr. Pearse likes her, I KNOW she's great. She is in the North Texas Heart Center at Medical City of Dallas. There is also a Dr. Anderson at that practice that is supposed to be good. He's administered some of my stress tests and TEEs in the past. I do go to the North Texas Heart Center for my electrophysiologist (pacemaker doctor), Dr. Jodi Hurwitz. She's great too.

I hope this information helps you some. I know it is difficult to look for a new doctor. When I moved from Houston to Dallas I was very lucky to know someone who lived in the area and had a cardiologist she loved (Dr. Pearse). Now I know I could never find another doctor as great as the one I have. She REALLY listens and makes me feel like a part of my health care team. I couldn't get that from the doctor I had growing up because he still sees me as the little kid who had no idea what was going on. I really like Dr. Massin, but growing up in front of him made it difficult to be an adult patient with him. Good luck in your search!!!

Latest posts

Back