I just got off phone with Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

and he answered with a very deep, manly voice. And I said, Oh my Gosh, Ross..It's Bonnie..and we chatted for 10 min..He said to tell everyone hello, he hoped to be home in 2 weeks, he's walking unassisted down the hall and the only thing is he may have to go home on oxygen. He said that his wife carrys all the cards home so nothing will happen to them and said to tell everyone that he is wearing his Valvereplacement.com shirt...He really did sound good...Bonnie:)

Wonderful!

Wonderful!

That is wonderful news!! Thanks for letting us know, Bonnie. :)

Rain

Hi B

Thanks for the update. Ross sounded so good when I spoke with him on Saturday. I thank God he's doing well and will be coming home soon. He's had such a rough go of it!!!

Haven't had a chance to chat lately. Been evicted from our house by the workmen who are putting down my floor....not fun, but almost done. Now the cleanup begins.

Ev

Dog shows?

Dog shows?

Hey Ev,

What kind of dogs do you show? We got my daughter a standard poodle for her birthday last summer. She has been showing him ever since. He is now 28 ? at the shoulders! Almost as big as she is! They look soooo cute together... her long blond hair (below her bottom) and his black coat are a great combination. They always place first or second and she just loves it when the judge calls them a ?team?. But now that he?s out of the puppy class we can?t show in ?showmanship? in AKC shows, because we don?t want to keep him in the ?showcoat? He?s a family dog first, then a show dog. :) We?re not really into the ?phoo phoo? stuff. It?s been a great experience for her.. They love it! Just curious what type of dog you show?

And I can relate to the house construction... we are putting an addition on our house that will double our square footage... we just tore down the walls that will connect the addition to the house. We just finished painting.. floor covering is next... I can?t wait to have it finished and have my home back to ?normal?.

When you talk to Ross, tell him I said, ?Hey? :)

Rain

Hi Rain

We show springer spaniels and have had, bred and shown them for the last 25 or so years. Don't breed alot as I'm very fussy about our dogs being house dogs, not kennel dogs, but do show and also do obedience and prior to the AVR were getting into agility with our two girls. Hope to get back to that in the fall.

Your daughter and her guy sound like an adorable combo in the ring. I love standards---they're so bright and definitely NOT "Foo Foo" dogs as you say. How often does she show? I'm assuming she does Jr. Show??? How old is she?d It definitely is a great hobby for a child, but with the traveling and all can be a pain for the parents. If he now has to show with the show coat and you don't want to do it, why don't you start her in obedience. It's great fun for both dog and handler, and poodles do VERY well competively at it. Are there any good obedience places around by you?

The tile is done for now, just the cleanup work remains....JUST, UGH!! However, I am continuing the saga in a month or so because I'm extending the tile all the way down my hall and also in front of my fireplace.....I know, a glutton for punishment. The guys couldn't do it now as it was an after thought on my part and they were committed elsewhere, so I'm preparing myself for a second "fall cleaning" after I start the first! YUCKO!!!

Ev

Dogs

Dogs

Rain, Your daughter might want to look into agility if the show stuff is becoming a problem. Poodles are pretty good at it. I really loved it with my Border Collie prior to surgery...when I started feeling better she was getting old enough, she wasn't competitive anymore. We still do it for fun...I have a tunnel, weave sticks, a bench and a few hurdles. Mostly she likes her sheep!

It does relate to the heart in a wierd sort of way.... lol

It does relate to the heart in a wierd sort of way.... lol

Hello Ev & Jean,

Wow! 25 years? We haven?t bred our dog yet. He?s only 18 months old... I don?t know how old they?re supposed to be. My sister also has a ?blue? standard poodle. We thought we?d have one liter with her dog before we ?fix? him. I?m not into being in the puppy business either. We got him for a pet only, but my daughter is in 4-H and decided she wanted to make him one of her projects. :) So I started them in dog training classes along with the 4-H dog training. They both really enjoyed it, so it kind of took off from there.

She does show him in obedience, showmanship and breed. It?s amazing how well they do together. She can dress him in clothes, roll around the house, rough housing with him, but when they go in the ring somehow he know?s its business. He really acts like he enjoys it as much as Sara does. Sara is nine years old. She?s only shown him in two AKC shows, the county fair and four 4-H dog shows. In every show they have got 1st, 2nd or 3rd in each event. Even in the AKC shows! .. most of the people showing dogs in the AKC shows were old enough to be her grandparents! I do have to admit... she was showing him in novice, but she still had a lot of competition and with people much more experienced than herself or her dog. Do I sound like a proud mom? lol She has really put the time into making it successful.

The farthest we?ve ever traveled with him for a show is 5 hours in the car. We don?t put him in a carrier.. he just gets the back of the Explorer to himself. :) At the shows Sara just walks him around with her. We?re pretty new at the whole thing. I?d never even been to a dog show until she was in one! :)

Jean, a lady at the first AKC show told her the same thing, and she really wants to start agility. But I can?t find an agility trainer in our area. I doubt if we ever get into really traveling all over the place with him. But I think she will keep showing him in the AKC shows, county fair and 4-H shows in our area.

Hey, is it ceramic tile? We put ceramic tile all the way through the living room, kitchen, dining room and bathrooms. I love it! We put a different color of tile in a neat design under the stove, it really looks cool.

Rain

Ross MUST be better, since this thread has definitely "gone to the dogs." I am looking for a brain transplant for my little Maltese. She thinks she's a Doberman, and figures she is the dominant "big dog" in the house. We originally were going to show her, then I found out how much work it really is. Now she just struts around the house and takes naps with me :)

I am so glad that most of the worry over Ross is past...sounds like he's getting there!

Hi Rain and John

Rain....Yes, you do sound like a proud mother, and that's OK with me. You should be. She sounds like a wonderful little girl! In my book, anyone who loves animals has a special quality about them. And yes, it is ceramic tile. The guy was here yesterday and we've decided we're continuing it down the hallway to the bedrooms and also in front of the fireplace. Not doing the bathrooms as yet---have to finish one project at a time and the kitchen is definitely a big one!!

John...You're right, this is "going to the dogs" and Ross is getting better. When I spoke with him last Saturday, he sounded so great and was definitely looking at the "HOME" word. He has been through so much. By the way, I loved your explanation of depression on Nicole's thread.

Evelyn

GONE TO THE DOGS

GONE TO THE DOGS

John,

What you need now is a Yorkshire Terror (er...Terrier) to put that Maltese in her place.... My neighbor's 12 lb Yorkie Poo likes to beat up my 90 lb Lab (and the lab let's her do it)!

'AL'

p.s. Do you have a source for your information on exercise limitations, specificly twisting and isometrics?

What a long haul for Ross! I'm so glad to hear he's finally going to get to go home and is more communicative. I miss his posts here.

psyco John...

psyco John...

Hey John!

Ross knows we love him... even if we did let the thread "go to the dogs". :eek:

And I liked your post about depression too. Very good! I always thought you kinda looked like a psychiatrist. :p

Rain

My dog can beat up yall's dogs

My dog can beat up yall's dogs

My 7 lb. Pappillon (Butterfly dog) Large hairy ears will take on the Black Bear that wanders around my neighborhood up here in the North Ga. Mountains. Bear just stands and stares at him on my leash. Hope the leash never breaks:D Just heard good news about Ross coming home tomorrow. Wait until he reads this thread:D :D Went from worried sick about him to who has the meanest, cutest dog. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back