I am needing some help

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is doing ok. (She had her aorta valve replaced). She says she is not having any pain at the insicsion, but she is reluctant to do anything. She will start cardiac rehab this week which I hope will help. She has only been out of the house to go to Dr. appointments. I guess I am concerned because for the last 19 years she has walked for 1 hour everyday outside and now we can hardly get her to walk across the room. Consequently she is having problems with her back hurting, and her bowels not moving. Anyway, thanks for asking and everyday I hope it will get better. I think possibly she is enjoying all the attention she is getting. ;)

Jamie

Get her walking, if nothing else. Rehab-well once she's done one round, she may not want to go back. Honestly, get her walking around the house, yard, whatever.

Rehab isn't a killer, but the first couple visits sure make you think so.

I had quite a different experience with cardiac rehab. The first few classes were designed to help build confidence and ease into rehabilitation. For me, this was really good because I was very nervous about resuming exercise. I ended up really looking forward going to rehab, and by the time I was done I felt really good.

It would seem counter-productive to throw someone into a rehab program that might scare them away. Like everything else we've all gone through, there is probably a wide range of quality in these programs. I hope that your grandmother's program is one that helps her get and stay motivated for exercise.

In the mean time, Ross is again right on the money...she needs to be moving around now as much as possible; to not do so is actually the most dangerous path for her health. Being too sedentary at this time predisposes one to strokes and a host of other problems.

Best,
John

Latest posts

Back