How nice, someone sent me a trojan

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Man I haven't had my antivirus go bonkers in a long time. Glad to see it still works well. Watch out for an email from someone you don't know that has an executable attached entitled video.exe with the title of the mail being Castro is dead. If your lucky enough to get this, delete it immediately and DO NOT OPEN IT.

capture_20012007_122556.jpg

Ross, There is also another one going around...

Ross, There is also another one going around...

Ross said:
Man I haven't had my antivirus go bonkers in a long time. Glad to see it still works well. Watch out for an email from someone you don't know that has an executable attached entitled video.exe with the title of the mail being Castro is dead. If your lucky enough to get this, delete it immediately and DO NOT OPEN IT.

There is also an email floating around that says "osama captured" or something along those lines as well....DON'T OPEN IT as it will render your computer inoperable. Harrybaby:mad: :mad:

I have a a filter through my provider that catches stuff and I can view it via their Postini site. I never open from someone I don't know; they never get to my inbox. Even some I DO know I have told Postini to not send. I can just read them on their site and delete if I want. Big help

hensylee said:
I have a a filter through my provider that catches stuff and I can view it via their Postini site. I never open from someone I don't know; they never get to my inbox. Even some I DO know I have told Postini to not send. I can just read them on their site and delete if I want. Big help
Mine has a filter too, but it got through it, so don't count on your ISP to defend you!

my norton has been going crazy all day ... something about a rapidly advancing trojan threat... when I clicked "fix me" it said it couldn't. this went on most of the day. finally i shut down for a while and when i restarted now i have a green light on my norton ...

Ross said:
Mine has a filter too, but it got through it, so don't count on your ISP to defend you!

yep, Ross, as you know I got a trojan. I did a virus scan and it said to put it in the 'chest' of my virus program. I did and don't find it anymore but there is damage on my desktop, ergo my bad typing on laptop!!!!

had my provider out here and he said all is ok - WRONG! So I called someone else and will eventually dump my current provider because he wouldn't listen to me and then hasn't responded to a phone call and an email. I hate to be ignored when I intend to hire someone!

Dear Ross:

have to admit, when I read the title line, I started smiling. I was thinking....gosh, he does get flirtatious at times, with some of the women, and maybe one of the men here thought it would be amusing to see if you responded. Then, when I read that the trojan is a VIRUS, I started laughing out loud....at myself. On the other hand there are some VD that are viruses.

Mb

Mb said:
Dear Ross:

have to admit, when I read the title line, I started smiling. I was thinking....gosh, he does get flirtatious at times, with some of the women, and maybe one of the men here thought it would be amusing to see if you responded. Then, when I read that the trojan is a VIRUS, I started laughing out loud....at myself. On the other hand there are some VD that are viruses.

Mb
Perhaps this would work for you then? Perhaps your smiling larger now?

I got that same virus--ahem...Trojan tonight...

I got that same virus--ahem...Trojan tonight...

My anti virus healed it and then destroyed it...I guess that someone is really trying to nail a bunch of us.....Harrybaby:(

tlhudson said:
:rolleyes: So what your saying Ross .... Is that possibly without a Trojan one can get a virus?
Your confusing me and screwing up my whole world. Now I'll have to unconfuse myself and this could potentially take weeks. :D

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My @!# Off....LOL

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My @!# Off....LOL

Ross said:
I think it's time for me to unleash my kept "I love you" virus.

Oh my god...that was just too funny...Thank you for the laugh just when I needed it...Harrybaby:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back