how lucky to be alive!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
hi everyone out there!
i've been chatting with some of you out there. my husband, joey, was scheduled to have his RP tomorrow at beth israel hospital in nyc (1st and 16th street_ downtown!) with dr. paul stelzer. we got up very early and headed out for pre-op there this morning. when we got to the parking garage, the attendant told us that an airplane had crashed into
one of the twin towers. we thought it was just a fluke accident and went up to the dr's office for our appointment.
when we got up to dr. stelzer's office_ and his office has this beautiful view of the world trade center and wall street area_ we met up with his assistant who was staring out the window, astonished. the second plane had just hit the second tower. after watching in disbelief for some time, we proceeded with the info and brief physical. when we walked out of the room, joey's response was "the building is falling down". we were looking directly at one of the towers collapsing while the other looked like it was melting away.

we went to another area of the hospital complex for further testing, but all the dr's were called down to the emergency room. dr's from all over were pouring into the hospital and ambulances were lined up along all of first avenue (it was pretty much closed down). after waiting an hour, we realized that this was not meant to be happening today, and returned to dr. stelzer's office.

dr.stelzer was wonderful. we discussed some pre-op stuff with him (back up plan, etc) and ofcourse, re-scheduled joey's surgery for next thurs, sept. 20, with pre-op the day before.
so, as prepared as we thought we were, we have some found time to pray and thank god for our lives and health (fixable) . our kids were very worried and anxious. many of their contemporaries lost relatives and parents. some schools dismissed kids early. what a sad, sad day this was. i consider us to be so fortunate for what we have.

god bless you all .
-sylvia

Thank God!

Thank God!

Whew! Praise the Lord! How good to hear that you -- and Dr. Stelzer's office -- came out unscathed. I guess we're all feeling about now that our world could use a valve replacement or some heart work.

Peter

Wow

Wow

Sylvia and Joey-
I was wondering how you werefairing! I am gald you are safe.
Please keep us posted on developments.

-Mara

Sylvia,
In times such as these prepared seems to be an oxymoron.

I'm so glad that you and your husband were spared anything other that the agony of watching that terror.

Good luck with the surgery Joey and remember to graciously allow Sylvia to care for you afterward.

Take care,
Zazzy

Latest posts

Back