How do you mend a broken heart 💔

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrietW

Attitude of Gratitude
Just checking in With you all.
Tuesday l drove to Calgary for my pre op administration. I must say it was a long and grueling day. 3 hour drive there arrived with literally 3 minutes to spare 5 hour appointment and 3 hours home. It really was informative and educational and quite honestly put alot of questions to rest. The only things left to do is Blood work for transfusion and personal direct. Oh and of course waiting more waiting by mid Jan hopefully although can you believe the follow day l spoke to my Surgeons assist and she asked if l wanted to be on the short list. My instant reaction was Hell No !! After putting me off last week from a Dec date l completely booked myself til the end of Dec .. lm a lash artist and own my own business thus us the busiest busiest time of year. And l was so disappointed then so now I am happy to wait til January
So God Willing l will be having OHS double Valve replacement surgery by the first of the year. And be on the mend .. finally. It's been a journey.
Xx ❤

That WAS a grueling day! So glad you had your questions answered. You sound tired but in a good place. Being so busy with your business will help the time pass more quickly and soon you'll be on your way to healing.

Tell me again the plan for recovery? How much time will you spend with your son?

Honeybunny hi hope you are doing really well and healing good. So after much discussion lol as l am not a good patient and wouldn't want to be around myself during recovery l have agreed that if all goes well l will stay with my son and daughter in law for as long as it takes for me to function fairly well on my own before coming home lf tgere are any complications at at all l might be transferred back to lethbridge closer to home to recieve medical care.
If l wanna be honest the whole medical/surgical team are concerned with my Lung disease and function antisipating possible trouble getting me going again . So there should be know surprises there and may keep me for a longer stay post op. So whatever it takes l've resigned myself to cooperating and following all post op care and attention. . . And will probably be quite glad to have all the help l can get. Once l arrive home in my own community and close to amazing friends l know l will be in a great place. It's all good God Willing l will be back in the grove in no time.
Take good care Xx ❤

Latest posts

Back