Household checklist

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY DH could not take more time away from his practice while I was recovering but did not want me home alone and Mass General does require someone be with the OHS patient for the first week home. We arranged for someone close to us to be with me and while she was delightful and accomodating and eager to help in any way, I really preferred to be on my own. After day three, when I felt safe that I could manage on my own just fine, I asked she not come anymore. We did this for both my OHS and I had no difficulty.

I know we are all different but many of us are much more independently able from first day home than others. I was fortunate to get just enough strength back to be able to get a bowl of cereal for myself and make coffee, to fix a light lunch from whatever we had in the frig. I saved my showers for when DH was home with me the first ten days or so. After that I felt secure showering on my own. I also kept our house alarm remote in my pocket and my cell phone with me at all times. I did my walking but those first days, we don't go far from the house and there are always some neighbors around if I needed help. I strongly feel my independence in this way aided my rapdid recovery, particularly from my second OHS. I was out and about and driving with doctor's okay very fast.

Latest posts

Back