Horrilbe bruise....help!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileena46

I moved last weekend. I couldn't do a lot of lifting but I moved some small boxes. The night we moved which was one week ago today...I noticed my hand had some swelling so I thought I must have bumped it. Next morning I wake up and it's black! My whole hand. I had to go get my INR checked on Tuesday (it was 3.9), and the nurse said I had to see the doctor because it was so bad. I didn't think I should, he looked at it and told me I had hurt it someway and suggested I not take my coumadin that night at all...(which you guys know I didn't do). I stopped worrying about it, except yesterday most of the swelling had finally gone down and I noticed a pea sized lump in the middle of my hand. It is still very black and sore to the touch but doesn't hurt otherwise. What is that lump? My mom is worried that its a blood clot.....???? What do you guys think?

Mileena

I don't think it's a blood clot. Your arm would likely be numb, very red, and very warm. I'd stilll have someone look at it and see whats up though, it may be something underneath the skin of infection quality.

Mileena,
After surgery and the start of warfarin I noticed that I tended to bruise more easily. Some of these bruises included a hard centre similar to what you are describing. Mine went away sometimes with the bruise and sometimes the hard part would go after the bruise. I don't worry about this any more, and I do recall others on the forum describing the same type of effect with no long lasting problems. However, if you are concerned, check with your doctor. I know what mine are like but yours may be different.
Cameron

Mileena:
I agree with the others, that you've just hit your hand the wrong way and have a hematoma. I've popped blood vessels in my fingers and didn't realize it at the time -- until it hurt to move the finger.
I flew to Indianapolis this weekend and I'm sure I'll spot a nice bruise by Tuesday evening, triggered by getting hit by other passengers' luggage. Happens every time.

Keep us posted about your hand. BTW, I wouldn't drop a dose.

i wouldn't drop a dose either. I notice i bruise alot easier with being on coumadin. And they get draker than before i started taking and take alot longer to go away. If i dropped a dose everytime i got a nasty bruise from work whether i know i am going to get one or not i would probably be skipping a dose every week. When i had to bridge with lovenox i would have abump under the bruise and it would take longer to go away than the bruise itself but if you are concerned about this bruise than get it checked out by your pcp.

Well, since I have this on my knuckles it kind of looks like I did the hitting. So I play that up! LOL. People who really know me tend to believe it too........I wonder if thats good or bad?

Mileena

Back