HM results, what does this mean?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halleyg

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I was in to get my INR checked this morning, still waiting on my report from the main office, so asked the nurse about it and she pulled this up from my chart. I am supposed to receive a more explanatory version of this in the mail in the next couple of days... this is the Dr.'s notes, but have no idea what it all means and I'm impatiently wondering...

Wanted to note that my HR was probably up to 185 while I was running, I know that is a wide range.

It reads:
1. The overall rhythm is sinus rhythm
2. The average heart rate is 81. HR ranges from 57 to 185
3. There were no significant pauses
4. Rare premature ventricular complexes occurred
5. Rare premature atrial complexes occurred

Conclusions: Negative for significant arrhythmia

It means that at the most, they noted some pvc's and pac's. I don't know why they would put "overall rhythm is sinus rhythm"...What was it when it wasn't in sinus rhythm?

Kim

It means that at the most, they noted some pvc's and pac's. I don't know why they would put "overall rhythm is sinus rhythm"...What was it when it wasn't in sinus rhythm?

Kim

I would think it is because there was also sinus bradycardia and sinus tachycardia since the heart rate was 57-185.

I would think it is because there was also sinus bradycardia and sinus tachycardia since the heart rate was 57-185.

I've never seen it stated that way and I've worn at least a dozen HM this year alone. I have both bradycardia and tachycardia on mine, but it is still sinus rhythm.

I believe you are right, Kfay in that sinus bradycardia and sinus tachycardia are still in normal sinus rhythm. One is slow and the other is fast but it is normal and what you would expect to see if one is on beta blockers (slow) and the other is what you would expect with physical excersise for instance (fast). It seems that the holter monitor report, to me anyway, is benign. Many people have an occasional Pvc and Pac and does not always indicate disease or a problem. There are no pauses of any significant duration, which could indicate a problem with the electrical system of your heart. Overall, seems like a good report.

Thank you, I'm glad it seems good and was wondering if it all means that I don't actually have AF and was just having palpitations? This whole thing has been confusing to me.

Latest posts

Back