High Resting Heart Rate?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nesphito

Anyone have experience with this after surgery?

When I wake up my heart rate is in the 90s, but I have times where it jumps up 110-128bpm. Normally it’ll go down after awhile, but today it’s persisted for an hour or two.

Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Anyone have experience with this after surgery?

When I wake up my heart rate is in the 90s, but I have times where it jumps up 110-128bpm. Normally it’ll go down after awhile, but today it’s persisted for an hour or two.

Is this normal? Should I be worried?
I believe you should ask your doctor about this, I believe everyone is different when it comes to their heart rate and many things can have an effect on it like: age, medicine, if they're active etc.

What were you doing when your heart rate went above 100bpm? And how are you checking it.

In my case.my heart rate is usually 55-60 (due to some medicine) and only goes above 100 when moving around or working out.

I believe you should ask your doctor about this, I believe everyone is different when it comes to their heart rate and many things can have an effect on it like: age, medicine, if they're active etc.
Thanks! I’m planning on calling tomorrow, but they didn’t seemed that concerned at the hospital because “you’re young”(33)
What were you doing when your heart rate went above 100bpm? And how are you checking it.
I was just sitting, watching YouTube. I actually feel fine at a higher heart rate, but I notice because I can feel my pulse occasionally
I’m checking with a finger oxygen monitor my parents have.

In my case.my heart rate is usually 55-60 (due to some medicine) and only goes above 100 when moving around or working out.

Mine has been all over the place since my surgery.

Wake up: 95
Noon: 126
An hour later: 112
Hour later: 90
Evening 122

I was told I have atrial flutter. They prescribed me a beta blocker, but told me to only take it if my blood pressure is over 100 (I naturally have a pretty low blood pressure).

So far feel pretty good on it. No side effects, so I’ll see how this works for me.

Thanks everyone!

I will admitt to obsessing about my resting heart rate the first few months. It would often be in the 80’s or even low 90’s. I didn’t have any AFIB and didn’t take a beta blocker, and the docs didn’t seem to worried about it.

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have been either. I worked at the exercise and It slowly came down now is generally in the 60s and 50s when I sleep. Lots of healing ti to do post surgery and things just take time,

I will admitt to obsessing about my resting heart rate the first few months. It would often be in the 80’s or even low 90’s. I didn’t have any AFIB and didn’t take a beta blocker, and the docs didn’t seem to worried about it.

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have been either. I worked at the exercise and It slowly came down now is generally in the 60s and 50s when I sleep. Lots of healing ti to do post surgery and things just take time,
Same here (my AVR and aorta repair was on Oct 25). I went into surgery with a resting HR in the low 60s and after surgery it’s been in the 75-80 range. I was borderline obsessive about trying to figure this out, including posting here about it. But, after 5 months I’ve gotten fairly used to it. I’m back on my bike and exercising and hope to see that resting HR come down over time.

My cardiologist set my pacemaker to a minimum of 85 (to reduce the PVCs). This was 32 years after I got my St. Jude valve.

Yesterday, following an ablation, it was dropped to 80 - still high, but I seem to have gotten more energy following this change.

I'm hoping that the next time I see him, he may be able to drop it even lower.

An 80 or 85 DOES make your heart work harder - and you'll probably get tired more easily - but if you're post op, and the rate will drop, you shouldn't worry much about it.

Back