Hi ! regards from Ýstanbul

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tarikemre

Hi everyone,

IM 29, male, from Ýstanbul. I have bicuspid aortic valves. I had an open heart surgery 5 years ago and my heart valve was repaired by comissurotomy. Now it seems that I need to change my aort valve. I d like to have some general info about the operation costs for such a process in USA .

Thank you all ..

Hi there to Istanbul-

You'll love visiting this website. There's so much information here and everyone is very supportive and helpful. It's sounds as if you're thinking of coming here to have surgery. How nice. We have terrific heart surgeons here. I can't address your question regarding the cost, but others here will come along and give you help on that.

My husband is the patient here and he's had 3 valve surgeries, 2 lung surgeries and has a pacemaker, plus he's been through lots of other serious medical things. He's 71 years old and still alive and doing quite well.

It's hard to have to face this kind of surgery because it isn't a normal surgery. That's why this website is so wonderful. Everyone here understands what you're going through and can help you along the way. I hope we see you here often posting and asking questions. You'll find it very helpful.

Good morning to you. You are our first member from Istanbul. Welcome to our heart home - come on in, wait awhile and you are going to find so many answers to your inquiry. I did not have valve replacement so cannot answer your questions, but there are nearly 500 of us here and they will be along soon. Again, welcome, Tarik

Hello Tarikemre,

Welcome to our on-line family. I know you'll feel right at home here. Everyone is very gracious and ready to give support to whomever needs it.
I am from The Netherlands but live in the USA. My sister married a young man from Turkey in 1999. They live in The Netherlands.

Tarikemre, I had two AVR surgeries in August 2000 because of Congenital Aortic Stenosis. (Details of 2nd surgery in my personal story on this website)
AVR surgery is very expensive in the USA. No one can really tell you the exact cost because a lot depends on what needs to be done, and how long your stay in the hosptail will be. Whitout complications most of us are ready to leave the hospital within 4-6 days, but some of us had to stay longer. For my 2nd surgery I was there for 9 days.

I hope you come back often and ask any further questions you may have.

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
Tucson, AZ. USA

Hi and welcome,

I was born with a bicuspid aortic valve, and had it replaced 12-15-2000. Choose a homograph, it was a personal decission. There are many excellent american hospitals. I had my surgery done at duke in Durham, North Carolina. My insurance picked up the entire tab. Good luck with your decission. martha

Thank you all for being so kind and supportive..:)

Im also having a research about the possibilities in istanbul..I will compare it with the information that I have from you and get a final decision by consulting to my kardiologist.

I m so glad to meet you all and wish you healty and happy lives...

regards from istanbul

tarýk

Hi Everyone:)

I was opareted on 18.09.2002 in Ýstanbul and my aortic valve is replaced with a mechanical one ( Medtronics). Thanks god and to my doctors I really feel ok. I was back home on the 6th day of the operation. I can make daily walks since the first week.

Thank you all again for giving me information about the surgery costs in US. That was uneffordable for me, so I choose to get it done in Ýstanbul. Im quite pleased with the service provided. For your info, an aortic valve replacement operation is around USD 10.000 here. ( My social security paid all the expenses)

I wish healty lives to you all.

Best regards from Ýstanbul.:)))

tarýk

Hi Taryk-

That's wonderful news! You sound terrific, I just know your health has been improved 150 percent. Many good healthy years for you! :) :)

Hello taryk - sounds like you are doing as well as anyone who had surgery in the USA. Many stays in the hospital are about 6 days and walking is probably the MOST important exercise prescribed for all after surgery. Pray that you will continue to be well. Let us hear from you now and then. God bless

Latest posts

Back