Hi! New member... just getting acquainted!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annie, I don't want to add any stress to you and your husband but don't be afraid to search for a "second" opinion, maybe with a cardio and/or surgeon in another group. I was very ill and my husband and I were puzzled because a cardio told me I was "fine," despite my symptoms and bad echo reports. I finally decided that getting another opinion just wasn't a bad idea. We ended up going to another county. And when the first highly recommended surgeon I consulted with told me my valve was shot, I was really puzzled. I confirmed his opinion with two more highly recommended surgeons. We wanted to be sure. As it turned out, my valve was shot. That former cardio was wrong. Very badly wrong. Best wishes :)

Hi Annie,
Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about the fatigue.. and that the TEE result has muddied things instead of clarifying them. I was also downgraded to moderate severe from severe after the TEE, but I have also been told that "how I feel" is equally important. Although, I feel that when I bring my concerns of palpitations/fatigue/trouble taking stairs to my doctor, the answer is "it shouldn't be that bad given your test results, often people are much too aware of their heartbeat after the diagnosis and notice all kinds of stuff, are you under stress.." and so on.. I have almost given up on explaining my symptoms to my doctor.

I agree that getting a second opinion is not a bad idea.

This place is wonderful.. stick around and you'll feel better : )

Latest posts

Back