Hi Everyone - I'm Back Home!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in awe of your strength and courage Dawn-Marie...

I do hope they are able to get a nurse to come visit more often while you await surgery.

It sounds like the Docs are doing a great job at trying to get you approved for this percutaneous procedure. One of our valued members is about to celebrate 41 years after being a guinea pig for valve surgery...so you are in good company here!, we love guinea pigs, they are our heroes.

In the meantime give your beautiful cats a big cuddle.

Hi everyone ~ I'm finally feeling really good today...not dizzy at all!! I still am dealing with low potassium and very low blood pressure (53 over 38), but i feel fine! My nurse wants me to start seeing a cardiologist, so i'm going to go to a doctor in Erie. I just don't trust the ones here in our little town. I have the master key to the apartment complex where i live in case people lock themselves out of their apartments or to check on people. I have had to check on 2 people in the past couple years who got sent home by our cardiologists saying nothing was wrong, and i found them dead due to heart problems. Dr. Gutierrez is really good...he's the one who did the TEE on me, and his father operated on me when i first had cancer and he operated 3 times when the cancer came back. His father was an excellent thoracic surgeon and he's just like him...very meticulous!
I think i'm going to call Cleveland Clinic tomorrow and talk to a nurse there and see if i can find out anything about when they plan to contact me...i hate waiting and waiting to know what is happening. I probably will have to wait until Dr. Strzalka gets back from vacation and they consult him. I've never seen a dr. who takes so many vacations. He had a 3 week one end of April, early May, then another 2 weeks in mid-June, and now a 2 week vacation. But then he works really long hours when he is working and i'm sure it's very stressful being a heart surgeon. Maybe he needs a lot of vacations. My cats love that i'm home....Smudge wants to be with me every second and Maggie is giving me lots of kisses. On Friday when i fainted i woke up to find her kissing me all over my face! Hopefully, i won't have to be gone that long if i quality for the percutaneous aortic valve as they hate being alone. I'll let you know if Cleveland can tell me anything about when they want me to come down. Dr. Strzalka wants me to consider Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital too, but NYC is so far away from here...Cleveland is much closer!

Back