Here I go and thanks for being here!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afraidofsurgery

I go in tomorrow for an angiogram and my AVR is the next day.

Just wanted to say this site has been a lifeline for me.
At this point I am calmly ready to get this f*#@ing thing fixed.

Thanks for all the info, support, words of encouragement, etc etc etc. I am so grateful I found this site. Having the right info and support has made an amazing difference in my attitude and peace of mind towards my surgery. God bless all of you! :rolleyes%:

CYA on the other side!
Patty

Wishing you all the best for your surgery. You'll do fine. We'll all be waiting to hear how things went for you. Talk to you later.

Patty, Best wishes for the angiogram tomorrow and the surgery on Wed. We know you will do fine and we look forward to hearing all about your uneventful recovery! :)

You will be in my heart and prayers for a successful surgery and full recovery. Please let us know as soon as possible how you are doing. We will be watching for the news that you are successfully over the mountain.

Patty,

Soon you will no longer be "afraidofsurgery" - you will be "survivedsurgery". :D ;)

Godspeed. We will all be thinking of and praying for you.

Hi Patty

Very best wishes as you climb that hill. I will put you in my prayers for a great surgery and speedy recovery. Remember the motto: "DUCK THE TRUCK!"

I know you will be fine.

Evelyn

Patty,
You will be in my prayers. I think you've come along way in your thinking since first posting as "Afraidofsurgery".

We will be waiting anxiously for news of your very successful surgery.

Patty,
You'll have to change your member name when you return. How about "thumbedmynoseatsurgery"?
You'll do great and you will realize that the worst part was the waiting.
I'll see you on the other side of this. :)
Good luck and God bless,
Mary

we'll all be with you right through it - just look around and you might see us. At least, hear our prayers for you. Don't sneeze. Someone going to let us know?

GODSPEED!

Ah, yes... Many of us know well the day-before angiogram. It's good, inthat it keeps you busy a day before the big event. I wish you the calm that so frequently goes before this storm, and a swift and successful outcome on Tuesday.

You will be in my thoughts on Tuesday, and I do hope someone will post for you after, as we will worry, you know.

Best wishes,

Patty,

At long last the wait is almost over. Take a deep breath & think happy thoughts. I'm happy to hear that you are calmly waiting to begin your climb. Best wishes for you angio & surgery. I'll certainly keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Cris

Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you!

I will be thinking of you and anxious to hear how it went when you get out.

Kristi
mr

Your post brought back some memories... can it really be that 18 months have passed since the morning I left early to go to the hospital for my AVR?

Best wishes to you Tuesday as you 'climb' the mountain. Know that the success rate for these surgeries is very high and that life after surgery is BETTER than life with a bad valve, not to mention much less risky!

Yes, the support team here at VR is great - and you will continue to learn lots and get support as you recover from surgery. My thoughts and prayers will be with you - and as I do my daily exercise (something I could never do before) I'll pull a little extra harder on the oars to help speed you over the mountain. (I know that it is a terrible mixed metaphor, but it's late.) :)

I've just recently crossed over to the post side. You'll do fine.....I just was released from the hospital today. I found out about this site while I was in the hospital but not able to access it until now.

It's great to find a forum like this! I wish I'd known about it sooner.

JohnnyV_46
I had 3 coronary arteries blocked, a bicuspid Aortic valve and an ascending Aortic Aneurysm? I don't know all the fancy terms yet....I really never knew I was that sick.

Best of luck Patty, you'll do great! :cool:

Good luck...........

Good luck...........

and you will be in our prayers. Please keep us posted. Many hugs. Janet

I'll be thinking of you today, Patty, with positive thoughts for the best possible surgery and recovery.

Thanks!!! xxxooo

Thanks!!! xxxooo

Thanks everyone. I'll be at Rush Pres-St. Luke's in Chicago. Might be able to get my sister to post news when surgery's done, I'll see what I can do.

Yep, will have to change my name. Madeitthroughsurgery? Fixedandallbetter? Anothersuccessfuloutcome? Gotthroughsurgery? Hmm, all too long. I'll have to think about it - I'll have some time to sit around pretty soon :)

Got to go, my sister's picking me up soon.

Many thanks,
Patty

oh, I just missed you!!

oh, I just missed you!!

Good Luck, Good Luck! You sound really upbeat and positive. You'll do great. Anxious to hear from you when you get home. Will be sending best wishes your way.

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back