here I go again ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TINMAN

:confused:

I am going to have a agiogram of the heart Wed. and I'm a little confused. I had a Mitral Valve repair 3 1/2 years ago . My angio at that time (before repair)showed I had good artieriesjust a genetic faulty mitral valve.

Months since the operation I have had chest pain. No high blood pressure was detected and all the echo's and test they gave me showed nothing out of the ordinary. The doctors first just thought the pain was the wires (they left in) were hitting a nerve or I had some type of artheritis in the ribs or that my asthma was acting up.

After a stress test recently they think (still not sure)it is mild reversible interior wall ventricular ischemia . Now I am having a angiogram to look at things.My G.P. mentioned in the first operation the surgen may have damage a artery near this area of the heart in question while doing the valve repair. Or it could be blocked arteries. Or just nothing again.No one is worried ( just me).

I can handle pain like the next guy. I just hate the not knowing(Engineer mentality). Has anyone had this kind of problem? Am I just expecting too much?What should I ask the doctor doing the Angio ?

I happy I have found this site. All have great input and really care about your fellow man/woman .Thank you for any input you can give me. (Sorry about my poor spelling). Tinman(Phil)

Hi Phil-

I want to wish you well with your angiogram on Wed. Joe and I have found that the best policy is not to worry prior to any test. It's a means of finding things out and it's ALWAYS better to know what's going on or not going on.

So investigation is a good thing and so is the fact that your doc is being careful with your situation. It's much better that way.

I'm hoping that they don't find anything that can't be taken care of with some med changes.

Good luck, and let us know.

Welcome TINMAN

Welcome TINMAN

Welcome to our family TINMAN. I have not personally had the problem you have so I can't help out a whole lot there.

I created this site for people just like yourself so that they can find the answers to their problems. You will find someone on this site who has had the same experiences I am sure.

Welcome to the family and we look forward to helping you out and talking with you.

Hi Phil,

As an engineer also, I can certainly relate to your desire to understand what is going on in your body.

I remember being scared out of my mind before my first angiogram / catheterization. I watched the instructional movie 3 times which helped some to relieve my anxierty.

After it was all over, I had one of those "is that all there is" kinds of reactions. Ever since, I've looked upon angiograms as an 'adventure'. Some physicians will talk to you more than others. Hopefully you will find one who understands your desire / interest in knowing the details. Tell them beforehand! You just may get more than the standard "I'm the doctor, do as I say" routine". If not, you can always request a copy of the procedure report (or go read it in the records office).

I hope they can give you the answers you seek.

'AL'

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you for your help.

I have had angios before and have no problems. And I usally never stop talking or asking questions(Ask my poor wife) .The Doctor has no choice but to answer me!!

I am just more concerned about the chest pain that I had since the valve surgery in 98.

I shall see tomorrow. But it seems like its just one more test.I just hate the not knowing exacty whats going on. Tinman(Phil)

Good luck...

Good luck...

Hi Phil, Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow with your angiogram. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow, All the best.
Take care and let us know how everything goes!

Hey Phil:

Best wishes on the test today. I am surepart of you wants there to be nothing wrong, and part of you, because of the pain, want them to find out and fix it. Living with pain, and fear, is not a good thing.

Our prayers will be with you today.

Marybeth

Good Luck Phil!

Good Luck Phil!

Hello, Phil...I just wanted to say good luck on your angio today. Hopefully it will provide some answers about the source of your problem. Sending positive thoughts your way....

Johnny

Thank you all!

Thank you all!

:) The angio went great ! My heart, mitral valve ring( Medtronic sculpture annuloplasty ring) and arteries are in good shape. No stenois, no blockages, and no leaking! why was I so worried ? (My blood pressure was 150/110 when I first went to the hospital and 110/74 when I left)

Well to begin with I had a echo (yearly) that said I had mitral valve stenois and a stress test that said I had a possible heart attack. Don't you love managed health care!

My cardiologist decided to do the angio to rule out these other test results. I am happy he did ! Next year I will make sure he over sees all the tests.

I do have to lose some weight as I did gain 25 lbs since my valve repair 3 1/2 years ago. I can do that!

Thanks for all your kinds words (and info you give to other people as I read that too)!

I feel like "I win the lottery - everyday". I can't help but feel God had something to do with this ( I hope I can say that - God bless all of you!). Tinman(Phil)

I forgot

I forgot

I forgot to say the chest pain is still there. They are pretty sure its nerve related. I can handle that - just happy it's not related to a more serious problem.

Hopefully with weight lose and more excersise I can reduce it.

My wife(she's a Nurse) is my best "doctor" - she knows just what to ask, and who to talk to.I am truely blessed.

Tinman(Phil).

Latest posts

Back