Here I am!!!! Home at last

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praline

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello everyone,
I am home as of 15 minutes ago. Besides suffering from Valve Replacement site withdrawal. I am fine. But I have a bone to pick with you people who warned me about that big truck..but nothing about the train coming behind it:D or is that only in New Orleans?
My surgery went fine but had a setback Saturday. I was already on the floor,sitting in bed eating breakfast, when I felt "dizzy" and that all she wrote.
I ended up back in ICU, ...I had what they called " ventricular stand still" ( I think that is it) lol .To make a long story short, I was kept in ICU until Thursday then was moved back to the floor. Then I sat for the last 3 days waiting for my blood level(coumadin) to be up so I could go home. I finally got an " out of jail card" today.
God I am so glad to be home!!!!!!!
I do not know how to type so it is tedious for me ..I am going to cut this short..I will be glad to post details and the " long story" i fanyone is interested.

Praline,
It must have been the City of New Orleans train that whacked you!
Seriously, I'm so glad you're back. I sent you a PM a little while ago, so you might check your mail.
It sounds like you have been through an ordeal!:( But now that you''ve returned, we'll look out for you.:)

Welcome home

Welcome home

Praline,
Welcome home! Sorry you had a setback, but it sounds like they handled it well. I hope your recovery continues uneventfully.
Barbara:)

Welcome Home

Welcome Home

Hi Praline...so good to hear that you are home. Wishing you a speedy (and uneventful) recovery! Take Care.

Praline,

Happy to hear you are home. Isn't it great!!?? I take it the issue that caused you to pass out was resolved? Anyway, you are home and that will make you feel much better just to be in familar surroundings.

Your brain will be a bit foggy for awhile, don't stress over it and take it slowly.

So good to hear from you - we've all been wondering . . . (that's a euphemism for worrying, ya know).

Ain't it grand to get home? Can sleep without those nightmares of big ol' nurses coming after you to draw yet more blood.

Welcome back. Glad you're doing better. Breathe, walk, nap.

Nobody ever told us there could be a train, too!

We have been really concerned about you. Some have been asking.

Sorry you had such a bad time. We'll be anxious to hear your story when you are up to it. For now, just rest and recuperate in your own time. We will be here when you are ready.

Blessins......

Welcome back Praline. Glad you're ok and thanks for warning everyone else about the train. :eek: That's good to know! Seriously though, it's nice to know that you're back home and recovering. There have been a lot of people worried for you. :)

Thank Gooness!! :)

Thank Gooness!! :)

Praline,

I've checked the site several times a day to see if there was any word. I am SO glad you are ok. Sorry it was such an ordeal for you.

Hugs and prayers that you continue to have a good recovery.

Arlene

So glad you are home and thanks for posting - we've been worried. Rest and walk when you can and we will look forward to hearing all about it!

Welcome home! Now be a good little Valver and walk, sleep, eat, breath.

Welcome home! I'm sure we will all want to hear your story, once you are up to it. Thanks for clueing me in about the train! I'll keep my eye out for it in a few months!

Glad you are still sounding so incredibly joyful and optimistic. Wishing you a easy recovery from here on out.

Marguerite

Welcome Back!!!

Welcome Back!!!

Praline,

It is so good to see you back on the board. Sorry to hear about the complications but so glad that you did not lose your sense of humor! :)

When you're feeling better you can fill us in on the details.

For right now just click your heels together and say "there's no place like home"

Take Care of yourself!!!

Sue

Glad to hear from you

Glad to hear from you

I have been worrying about you for the past few days. Don't know about ventricular standstill but I learned about "stunned heart syndrome" when I was readmitted a week after discharge. When you feel like it, we would be interested in some of the details. Don't want to scare those in the waiting room.
I have a friend who reads this site but has not posted yet. She is scheduled for Mitral Valve repair on 2/7. I had told her about the site several weeks ago and have been waiting to read a post.
Her name is Ellen and I know she might get scared with too many details.
Funny how we worry about cyber family.
Glad you are home. Please just take care and follow instructions from your doc=temp., wt, eat, sleep, spirometer.
Keep us posted.

Glad you are home. A hospital was a good place to be when you had your ventricular standstill episode, but home is the place to be to get better.

Keep your feet up when posting. Follow the walk, sleep, breathe mantra. Let us know how you're doing as things progress.

Best wishes,

"Good morning, America, how are ya? Say, don't you know me, I'm your native son. I'm the train they call the City of New Orleans and I'll be gone 500 miles when the day is done".

Or, apparently, in your case, Praline, stopped because it knocked you over ;). He he he

Seriously, though, so glad to see you home and posting again! Excellent news! Now, hurry up 'n' rest ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"Time is a natural healer" ... John Conlee ... 'Years After You'

Glad to see you home,Praline!!! Sorry for the setback but I'm sure you will recover quickly.

Well If that isn't an answer to my prayers!

Well If that isn't an answer to my prayers!

Like they say: Breathe, walk, and rest! Don't rush! Your pal in Beantown, Brian:D

Good news! I was worried!

Good news! I was worried!

hope its smooth sailing from here on out.

Kristi
mitral repair 11/30/05

Latest posts

Back