Herb-drug interactions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ccrawford

I recently asked my pharmacist whether or not a certain herb based concoction designed to help combat high chloresterol would have any effects on INR levels. He fumbled around for awhile and finally said he didn't know. I found a web site that delt with this, and sure enough there it was first thing on the list. If anyone takes various forms of herb based potions, please be careful. some of them can cause problems. The university of Michigan web site is:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mshlafer/Lectures/herbdrug.pdf

This site deals with more than Coumadin interactions, but given there were a lot of Coumadin interactions shown, I posted it here.
Chris

There we go. I edited your post and put the correct link in it and now to clean this thread up a bit.

Goofed again ?

Goofed again ?

I must have hit the wrong key again - the address I gave had an error: there should have been an "m" before the name shlafer, i.e. mshlafer. I found this while going thru the unic of mich home page which has a lot of information re medical and drug data. Sorry about the confusion. Thanks for catching it Ross - you do good work as a moderator ! Chris

Latest posts

Back