Help

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcia, Good luck to you my friend! I had my second mitral valve surgery almost 3 months ago and it seems like it was just yestreday. Time heals all wounds and a good attitude really helps. We wish you the very best iof luck and good care. Please keep in touch. Remember after surgery to breath,breathe,breath,walk,walk,walk and nap,nap,nap amd you will be fine!
:)

Symptoms of Valve Problems

Symptoms of Valve Problems

When I had my aortic valve replaced in 1999, shortness of breath and severe tiredness were my major symptoms. I also had chest pains off and on. Some days were better than others. Some were just bad in the respect that nothing much could be done physically.

Concerning the numbers and the size of the openings, I think those vary with each individual depending upon their body mass and the severity of the diseased valve. I'd for sure get another opinion as it is your life.

I wish you luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.

RON P.

seeing the surgeon

seeing the surgeon

I have not posted in a while. I thank all of you for your responses to me. The information that I have received is such an enormous help. The encouragement and optimism....priceless.
I have been indulging in a bit of self pity (and or depression ) for the past few days. Is this normal? Dont seem to want to do anything but lie around and cry. Pray a lot too.
Ok...having said that, there is a bright note here. I will see a surgeon tomorrow. At least maybe I can feel some relief of all the worry and frustration. (kinda like being a child and expecting to be punished for something...the punishment is never as bad as the wait) Anyways....i have copies of my last 2 echo reports. I am not sure if there is anything else that I might need to take to the surgeon.??? Other than my list of zillions of questions. :)
Ok....wish me luck...
marcia

Marcia the feelings your having are quite normal. I don't think you'd be a human being if you didn't have them. Try to relax and remember that all of us have done what your about to do and we're all still around to tell you about it, so don't fret too much.

Take everything related to your heart to the surgeon and let him decide whats needed and not. By all means, make sure you write your questions down and ask them. Don't leave the office until your satisfied with the answers to ALL of your questions.

We'll be here if you want to talk things out before hand and after it's over, so talk away! ;)

Hi Marcia-

Best wishes with your appointment.

Regarding your feelings-it's important not to deny them or obsess about them, they are normal. Just let the tears flow until you start to feel better. You don't yet know what the surgeon is going to say, so wait until you have all final determinations before worrying about anything. It's useless anyway, doesn't help the medical problem at all, and will not stop the progression of things. The only thing that will keep this thing from hanging over your head is to get it taken care of.

We're all here for you and will help you face what has to be done.

Latest posts

Back