Help Ross! Nightmare stress test!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debster

Oh my! My mom is getting a biventricular pacemaker next week, and had to have a nuclear stress test today. NEVER AGAIN.:eek: Thank God it didn't kill her. She had chest pain, needed oxygen-begged them to stop and didn't for the longest time. Her cardio said to never have it again. She has had this reaction in the past doing these and was really dreading it. I can see why!!!How common is this? Can anyone give me feedback? Thanks so much for all the help:) Deb

By now, everyone here knows how much I love 'em... :(

At least you're off the hook, now. Your cardiologist said she should never have one again. Make it stick.

Best wishes,

I Agree On This One Debster!!!!!!!!!!

I Agree On This One Debster!!!!!!!!!!

I had one, and the same thing happened, and I told the Doctor's right then and there, I WOULD NEVER EVER have one of these again.....I sure hope that your mother is feeling better from this, and please, tell her that I know exactly how she felt, and my prayers are with her. Harrybaby:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Samething with me, never again and I warn others not to have one also, but they rarely listen since Doc knows all.

Thanks for your replies and prayers-she seems to be doing better today. I just cannot understand why they did not stop the test immediately. And what is the point of these deals anyway? They know she has chf, she has had echos since her surgery and a cath last Dec. Her pacer goes in next week, I pray all goes well-thanks again-Deb

Debster said:
Thanks for your replies and prayers-she seems to be doing better today. I just cannot understand why they did not stop the test immediately. And what is the point of these deals anyway? They know she has chf, she has had echos since her surgery and a cath last Dec. Her pacer goes in next week, I pray all goes well-thanks again-Deb
The point is to induce excercise level heart rates without the excercise, but as you can see, it's DANGEROUS and I will never have another one again. They cannot stop the test because the Adenosine is only administered for a few seconds and it's affects are supposed to be very short. I didn't whig out until after the test was done and then I started turning blue and couldn't breath and was a total mess.

Not everyone reacts the same way. Joe has had several and he never complains. He gets tired afterwards, but goes through it OK.

I think, though, if your mom had that kind of reaction, she should indeed, never have one again. Others on this site have had bad reactions.

They really try to stress your heart to see what happens and try to get the heart rate way up there. They told Joe that they wanted to get 160 beats per minute. But they did quit the last time prior to that. And I made my feelings known at every turn in the road that I wanted several people monitoring him during the test. There were three in the room the last time.

Here is a description of the test. See the lower portion of the article for the test your mom had.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4743

Latest posts

Back