Hello

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hootysgirl

Hello Everyone,

I just realized "TODAY" that I have been taking my son's singular instead of my coumadin, and I'm Freaking Out!!! I can't remember when I fixed my pill box so I don't know if it has only been a few days or a week? I'm thinking if it was a week or so, that I would not be feeling well. Has anyone gone through this? I'm going in to the doc's this morning to go get a pt/inr and to let him know what I did. The upside to this is my allergies have not been bothering me :)

Thanks for listening,
Becky

Hi Becky and welcome to VR.com!

If you have missed a couple of doses of Coumadin, your INR is likely to be very low, probably just like someone who isn't taking Coumadin.

You need to see your doc or head to the ER. You will most likely have to start Lovenox injections every 12 hours until your INR is close to 2. Do not put this off - clots can be bad.

If this is the first time you've had to have Lovenox, ask you doc about allowing you to self administer the injections. It will save you twice daily trips to the doc or hospital.

Keep us posted,

Becky:

The good thing is that you have an AVR, not an MVR, so your range is lower anyway.

You may want to keep meds separate from your son's. My husband & I store our meds in the same cabinet, and I scrutinize the labels when refilling my weekly pill box.

Hi Becky and welcome to VR.com from another Texan here..!

I'm glad you're getting checked out. Just a hint here....I fill my pill thingy on a Sunday, so that way I know when I started...(beginning of the week). Maybe that would help you too. I fill a month at a time, so it's not a big deal.

How long have you had your mechanical valve and what kind did you get? Bet you went to Houston, huh..

Again, welcome..

Welcome to the forum.

Like others said get your INR tested immediately!

You could be in real danger of a stroke.

Sounds like you should start looking at what you're taking. Coumadin is easy to ID. I've been taking coumadin for over 18 years, never fail to LOOK at each pill BEFORE taking. And I use a weekly pill box.

Hope your son has not been taking the Coumadin.

Latest posts

Back