Heart rate too fast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katielady72

Just after my AVR I struggled with atrial flutter and had a constant heart rate of 130+ for some time. I felt worse than I did before my surgery. I was scheduled to have an ablation done to fix it, however my heart shocked itself into a normal rhythm and my heart rate was steady between 70 and 90 all the time. They decided against the ablation at that time as it had only been about 3 weeks since the AVR. I have been fine since with a normal resting heart rate. I am now at 13 weeks post op and lately my heart rate has been sitting at 99 or higher and it takes quite a while for it to slow down after my exercise. I went to my anit-coag appt today and she was concerned I could be going back into flutter. I'm a little worried as I dont see my cardio for 2 more weeks.

Who is your "anti-coag" person? A phlebotamist, nurse, doctor? If not a nurse (with cardio experience) or doctor, maybe it's just an opinion.

If you are concerned, leave a message with your cardio's nurse. They should get back to you.

After my operation, my heart rate was around 90+ during exercise and my cardio rehab nurses were unconcerned. I don't measure my heart rate regularly, thus I'd never have the data to be concerned. My health care workers say it's not necessary, but then I don't do any extreme exercise.

Sorry, my anti-coag person is a PA-C. She was mostly concerned because of the time it takes for my heart rate to get down to between 70 and 80. I feel pretty good, I guess sometimes I just get a bit nervous. Thanks for the reply.

My post-op heart rate after being released from the hospital was 99 to 113, and I was experiencing an abnormal heart rhythm. At my first appointment with the cardiologist, he changed my blocker from Metroprol to Carvedilol. But that's me, just thought I would through it out there. Also, do not wait for 2 week appointment if your gut is telling you something is wrong. Good luck.

Oops. I guess I shoulda included that my heart rate went down to 75-85 range. Still have irregular beats, but fewer.

Mine went up to 152 the 2nd week after my AVR went to the ER and they got it down then a couple days later the same thing again back to the ER a week later up to 163 back to the ER they kept me and did the ablation now perfect at 70-80 all the time. It was tachacardia im glad that's over 6 months later I feel great.

Latest posts

Back