Heart Murmur Post Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike59

Quick question I have just had my 3 year check up following AVR with porcine tissue valve and aorta graft
everything going well
i was told I still have a heart murmur and indeed have been told this at each annual review, which could be caused by scaring and graft
does anyone else have a heart murmur post surgery? Mine is systolic 4/6
look forward to your comments

Mike ... I've had 3 surgeries over 40 years and I've only ever "not" had a heart murmur when the replaced my homograft with a tissue valve. Now I have a sort of tick.

The issue is that you're healthy and able to do things ... having a heart murmur is simply a indicator.

Do you feel good?

Thanks Pellicle wise words
i suppose scar tissue could be causing the murmur

appreciate your comments and advice on many of the forums on this site, keep up the good work

Mike59, scar tissue would not cause a heart murmur. Do you know what a heart murmur is. It is a leak from the heart through a valve that one day get removed and replace and cures the murmur for a time. The murmur can come back or never. Keep talking with the cardio and find out why he/she is saying that the is still a heart murmur when the valve with the murmur is still there? Good luck in your search for knowledge, be proactive and have a great day. Hugs for today.

Back