Heart-lung machine safety boosted

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that I just thought I was going crazy.......but now I understand that it just wasn't in my head.....after having surgery....I felt so "blond" !!!

Don't blame me, I didn't do it, can't remember. Booze, lack of sex, age.
Heart lung machine will be my excuse for all my short commings.

Whats my name

I'm sunk!!

I'm sunk!!

Wow, that's probably why I'm a bit nutty!! LOL!! I wonder what the changes will be after my fourth then!!??
Débora

There was a Twilight Zone (or Outer Limits or some show like those) episode where a guy noticed everyone around him started speaking a language he didn't understand. It started with a few words and eventually he couldn't communicate with anyone.

I felt like that only in reverse after my last surgery. I spoke the wrong word for a number of things. I KNEW what something was, it was just that my brain told me to say something else. My SO and I found it so funny because we kept thinking of that TV espisode. To this day, we call lunch "dinosaur" which was one of the problems the character experienced.

The problem I had lasted for about 2 months and gradually decreased. Now, if you will all excuse me, I am going to have some dinosaur.:D ;)

I think its a dose contingent response...

I think its a dose contingent response...

with respect to the bypass, with more time being associated with more problems (and certainly more microemboli). Sex is probably the opposite, IMHO, with less time being associated with more problems!

Kristi
mr
surgery 11/20/05

KristiinSD said:
with respect to the bypass, with more time being associated with more problems (and certainly more microemboli). Sex is probably the opposite, IMHO, with less time being associated with more problems!

Kristi
mr
surgery 11/20/05
Ah there ya have it! Thinking outside of the box. :D

Ahhh memory loss...

Ahhh memory loss...

Isn't it interesting that the subjective experience is sometimes actually based on real events! For the first year after surgery we used to joke about my incapacity to remember and my increased capacity to forget... Sounds like this article and other related research now backs this up. It was so frustrating not being able to remember people's names and even to think clearly at times. It was more than could be excused by the "I'm gettin older" etc. It is only now, about 18 months down the track, that I reckon I am getting back to 'normal'. I had hoped to finish my Masters research earlier but got do frustrated at not being able to think straight. Last month I picked it up again and three weeks later am done!

Grant

Latest posts

Back