Headaches are back...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherylchapa

One of Christopher's major complaints before the surgery was recurrent migraines. It is uncommon as far as I know for 10 year old kids to have them. His vision is fine and the cardio told us that it MAY be a symptom of his heart condition. So of course we were hoping that this surgery would end them. Of course here we are almost 2 weeks post-op and he has had at least 3 or 4 of them since surgery. I know that zofran can cause headaches so while he was in the hospital and getting that med I thought it might have been a side effect. Now that he's off all meds, I know that it's not.

Did anyone else have migraines that they could attribute to CHD or OHS? Any tips for stopping them? I get them too but I can take them on with the heavy artillery that he is still too young to take.

Thanks!

I don't have an answer. I can only say that at his age, I suffered many a migraine and they all disappeared later in life. I'm talking the type that made you throw up, light sensitive, very disturbing kind. No one could explain why and nothing helped.

I have suffered from migraines since I was about 12. After my surgery as well as my ablation, I had about two months of horrific migraines that evenutally subsided. I just chalked it up to all of the drugs, the sleep issues, stress, etc.

Sorry he is having these, but hopefully, with a little time, they will ease up.

Kim

I have always had headaches and migraines. When I had my Mitral Valve repaired 5 months ago they also closed a hole in my heart called a PFO. I was told this might stop my miraines. Well it did for 2 weeks. Now I also get optical migraines. I worry alot about these migraines as I know my chances of a stroke are 50% greater than people without migraines or headaches. I worry alot about this. I suffered from blurred vision for a couple of months after my surgery . Saw many Optho's all were sure I must have had a stroke but could not find any. My BP is on the low side although I understand You can still have a
stroke with low BP.

I have had headaches for years! Cluster, migraines. Currently I still have cluster, but the migranes are just the aura type, with maybe a mild headache afterwards. My daughter experiences the severe type, with nausea. This could be a seperate issue altogether. I'd check it out with the doctor. They may not be able to find the exact cause though.

Good luck! I do hope he is feeling better soon.

Latest posts

Back