Have you experienced that?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PathFinder

Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can see microspots moving in a little streak just in the center of my vision. When I open my eyes I don't see them. Someone may call it "visual snow", but the symptoms of VS are different - one can see it in dark room, like TV static noise. And I see my microsparks just in a little streak, only with closed eyes, and rarely.

Otherwise, I checked my vision yesterday and it is fine.

I felt ashame to ask the doctor, if it is normal to see some dots, when closing your yeys. :eek:

Ivo

or...

or...

Or maybe I'm thinking too much and get suspicious of anything, what all of us may experience. I think it's called hypochondrism. :eek:

I have one type of migraine that is similar. When I close my eyes I see flashes of lights -- like fireworks. It could be a migraine related visual disturbance.

I get that when I sneeze or cough sometimes. I also get it when I bend over or stand up really quick. It looks like a bunch of tiny beams of light streaking from one spot to another and then fading away.

I understand what it is like to analyze every symptom or abnormalty once you realize you are close to heart surgery...I think everytime I close my eyes, I see spots- but I think that is pretty normal when eyes are closed...my 6 year old described the same thing anyway-I cant speak for everyone, however. I think the visual disturbances to be worried about are those when your eyes are open- IMHO...
Ingrid

1) Please don't be ashamed to ask the doctor anything...anything. For one, that's why he makes the big bucks. Believe me, he get asked everything under the sun anyway. He wont think less of you.

2) When you say you had your vision checked, was that with a opthomologist (not optometrist) to ensure such a valuable thing such as your eyesight is, indeed, normal?

3) I would think that if this was related to your cardiovascular system that it would be present, eyes closed or not. I think that we all find "things" that we self examine way too closely when we find out about our illnesses. They may have been all along, just that we never paid attention to them. That may or may not what is up but check it out. If is nothing, then hallelujah, that a good thing.

Back