Have any meters been recalled?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

If I meet anyone in my area taking warfarin, I tell them about the coumadin clinic I go to. I seem to have some kind of mental block understanding why anyone would prefer to have a veinous draw for an INR test instead of a finger poke. There's probably no hope of removing any of my mental blocks, but if you'd care to try...
A friend was recently put on warfarin because of a DVT, and is having a veinous draw twice a week. I mentioned the coumadin clinic to him last week. He asked the nurse drawing his blood yesterday about using one of the INR meters, and she told him they had been recalled. Is there any truth in that statement? Or is that perhaps another of the outrageous statements made by someone attempting to manage coumadin?

Another outrageous misinformation campaign from a Coumadin Manager that doesn't want to lose his or her job. Coaguchek had trouble with their strips and the STRIPS were recalled, but to my knowledge, no machines from any manufacturer have ever been recalled.

Jim,
I guess you have a problem with a vein draw.
One of the reasons I have done it for over eleven years is the cost.
Medicare (and previously Blue Cross) pay 100% if done at the hospital, no deductibles, nothing, whether it's twice a week or once a month.
In addition Troy Beaumont has an outpatient lab just for people like us, no waiting and I get my results the same day.
Rich

Even our hospital lab uses Coagucheck machines. They only do a venous draw if the INR is above 5.

Sounds like the nurse is quoting someone, who quoted someone else, who quoted someone else - who was referring to the strips being recalled.

Latest posts

Back