Happy Thanks giving!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaidell

Well that was a trip!

The good:

1) Mitral valve successfully repaired. In fact, surgery was short, as I ended up only having a huge posterior leaflet. Once the posterior was worked on to line up, the anterior did not have prolapse at all. So, to those of you with bileaflet prolapse, you may only need to address the posterior, if yours is abnormally big like mine was.

2) Off major painkillers 3 days after and used Tylenol for the 4th and 5th day. I'm not on anything right now and feel great!!!

3) No heart related complications..... yet!

The Bad:

I'm still in the hospital with my chest tubes due to an extremely rare complication called chylous effusion. It's a small leak, and we are hopeful we can get it under control by NO Fat diet or TPN feeding. It sucks, I know, but I feel so great otherwise, that I'm hopeful it will resolve itself without another surgery.

Wish you all an amazing Thanks giving!

Glad to know you are doing well!! The worst part is definitely over (the waiting, the surgery itself). You will feel better each day!!

Back