Happy New Year Day Jan. 1, 2003

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

I wonder how many checks I'll write and put 2002 on them..ususally takes about 2 weeks. Today I am cooking Black-eyed peas. tradition to have them on New Year's Day...to get money...all year:D :D What are some of yall's tradition to eat? Also will be pulling for my Georgia Bulldogs to beat the Fla. gators :p :p :p :p tonight in the Sugar Bowl....After the Cleveland Browns beat Atlanta Falcons:eek: :eek: :eek: better keep my mouth shut..Come on Fla. Fans..Rag me.:D :D Bonnie

Here I am Bonnie Lou, stalking you, not really much of a sports fan, but I love cheerleaders.

My son Vince graduated from UF law school, so our family is orange and blue at heart.

No traditional foods in our New Years Day celebration. Would like some of your collards and a small helping of black eyed peas.

Partied hard all last night. It was a log sawing party. I am best at that. Called son Joe in Korea at 10:30 our time (11:30 yours) and it was middle of new years day where he was. He was waiting to watch the ball drop in NYC. We watched that and went to bed to begin sawing logs. Dogs have had me up since 4 a.m. the fools.

Happy New Years

Best

Hi bon and Bill....No great traditions here. We did have a great dinner last night and a super breakfast this morning, topped by mimosas that Tyce made. I never got to see the ball drop, was sound asleep by that time!!!! Today is a couch-potato day, it's raining in the NE but warm, about 45. Was planning on taking down the tree as we have always done in past years because we had to go to work on Monday, but guess what......now that I'm retired it can stay up for the weekend. My cousin is coming up from VA on Saturday, weather permitting, and we'll probably do Christmas all over again.....at least the dinner part!!

May you ALL have a HEALTHY, happy New Year!!!! Kiss those pooches for us!!

Evelyn

What??

My paper says that the sugar bowl is between Georgia and the Florida State!! not the gators. I am all for Georgia just whupping the devil out of that Tallahassee team. Go bulldogs.

Now it turns out that my alma mater (one of them) University of Michigan is playing UF Gators. Now I have some mixed feelings.

You know I am from two Big Ten schools. Michigan and Michigan State. But, I found out about serious foot ball when I moved to the DEEP south. Those people in the Big Ten are just not in the league of the SEC.

Good luck Bon. Does that get me a plate of your good greens. I may have to run up to DFS and beg some from Ann.

Sorry, Bill - I don't do greens - was raised in Miami so that makes me a semi-yankee - everybody back then, in Miami, was from New York, Jersey, Pa. But if I had some greens, won't share because I am for FSU - go noles!!!!!! Unamerican here to not be for 'noles. Besides our kids went there. Grew up with football - we used to go to all the games in the old Orange Bowl. Was in the New Year's half-time show when in high school before big stars took over. Our high school had a losing streak with the other big school in Miami (Miami Edison vs Miami High) for about 35 yrs. We played every Thanksgiving night and we always lost. Didn't win til I graduated, married and had a child. So you and Bonnie can root for Ga together, but know that old DFS is hollerin for FSU!

Not having black eyed peas, nor greens. Probably chili! Would share my chili with you, tho.

Happy New years all

Happy New years all

No traditional food here either, my husband usually works on Christmas and New Years, and today with how it's raining so heavy I don't mind having no place to go!

They even canceled the Mummers parade.

Terry40

Happy New Year everyone.

We spent a quiet holiday break at home and go back to work tomorrow. Our girls, both married, live in southern California and the oldest one went to NYC to visit neighbor hood friends over the break and the youngest went to Las Vegas. Linda and I stayed home and watched the Kats.

Today is turkey day with all the trimmings and watching football with the fireplace roaring. It is 32 degrees with a chance of snow in Lincoln Nebraska.

Bill I have the Mich/UF game on and Michigan is currently ahead. We use to enjoy watching the Nebraska Cornhuskers play on New Years day but alas they stink this year. Last year played for the National Championship and this year ? they play like a bad High School team.

Walter

Auburn wins

Auburn wins

Auburn beat Penn State..I'm from Alabama. Go Tigers..now if Georgia can beat Florida State. Hensylee's Noles(I guess that's that bunch of Indians they call a football team:p ) 8:30 p.m. Sugar Bowl Go Dawgs:D

Well Miss Bonnie,

I had to go out for my New Years Dinner. I got fried catfish, collard greens, and black-eyed peas as well as cornbread, mashed potatoes and key lime pie. Hope I get lucky this year, tho last year was pretty good as far as the outcome goes. And finding all the great people here at Vr.com was definately good fortune.

When I was at Michigan in Ann Arbor(1961-1965) we had a horrible football team and I lived in the dorm with all the players(mostly jocks in general, except for me). Our basketball team was a different story, tho.

These two dogs are getting on my last nerve, been up with them since 4 this morning and they are really hyper. The new little one took after my new leather recliner. Isn't that special, she only has about 100 toys of all kinds and still wants the furniture. Maybe that is why someone ditched her last month. "No good deed goes unpunished" but unfortunately we care too much for her now. She has now become the most expensive mutt we have ever had.

Good luck to Georgia.

Our traditional New Years Eve is spent with friends over and enjoying Crab Ciappino and Garlic bread. I put clams, prawns, scallops, white fish, in additon to Crab. It is so good and messy..Takes a couple of hours to fix and about the same to eat. We watch the NYC ball drop when it's only 900pm here. Then we all are full and tired..guests go home and we fall asleep before our 'real' New Year here..LOL!

Christmas gets 'put away' on New Years Day while the games and parades are going on. My house keepers make Tamales and bring me some....they are delicious.

Tomorrow...I need to do something besides eat...LOL!

Have a wonderful year all... Zipper

Back