Hair Loss w/ Coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Stephens

Sorry if I've missed previous threads on this, I tried searching and came up empty.

Al's site mentions hair loss as a side effect of Coumadin, but that in the majority of cases, regrowth eventually occurs. How many of you have experienced this and how long did it last?

I'm asking because about a week before my vacation my dose was upped to 7.5mg 6x a week, and 5 mg 1x a week. About the time I left for vacation I started noticing hair falling out, and I think I left a hair trail from here to the Oregon coast. It seems to be slowing down now after a couple of weeks, but I may be fooling myself.

Well, I can't say that Coumadin has caused any hair loss for Joe, and he's been on it for 25 years. He still has a full head of hair, even though he's been through several trials by fire.

But it probably works differently for everyone.

Coumadin and hairloss..

Coumadin and hairloss..

Hi Johnnie,

I experienced hairloss for some time after I started taking Coumadin in August 2000. It lasted approx. 6 months, and after that no more significant hairloss.
At the moment I am taking 22mg a day and am not experiencing hairloss or any noticable side effects.

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St. Jude's Mechanical
Tucson Medical Center Tucson. AZ
Dr. Gulshan Sethi

hair loss...

hair loss...

Only time I?ve had hair loss is after giving birth to my children... Yikes!

My first sign of high INR is bruising and "spots".... If my INR is even slightly over 3.5 without fail... here come the little red spots and LOTS of bruises. The higher my INR the more spots and the more bruises.

Latest posts

Back