Had six month Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

Well six months really comes around fast. My echo last Friday showed the same results as it did six months ago. My cardio always tell me when I leave that he will see me in his office in another six months or he will see me in ER. What's funny is that since I work on the Cardio floor now I see him everyday. I also see my heart surgeon about three times a week. I guess I really work in a good place for my heart to give out. He did mentioned a valve of some kind that comes from a cow that they will probably use the next time. He said it will outlast me. I still don't have any symptoms of my valve failing. He said if I start fainting, getting dizzy or having chest pain, to get to his office of Er immediatley. Everything else is fine. My leukemia is under control. I'm starting to loose the 20lbs that I gained this last winter and I love my job now at the hospital. It's so much better than General Surgery.

I'm so happy things have turned in your favor for a change. Honestly, I don't know how you've coped up to this point. I'm falling all apart and it just seems to get worse and worse. I'm not coping nearly anywhere as well as you seem to have. Sound the trumpet and CHARGE!

Glenda, not very far away up there in Joplin. A good report is always a nice thing to hear but it still doesn't dispell all of the anxiety of knowing what is continuing to happen. It does sound as though you are in the most perfect place. There cannot be many people who work with their Cardio and their Surgeon.

The valve you mentioned is probably the bovine pericardial valve similar to mine. Let me know if you want more information.

Larry

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. Sounds like you've got a good supportive team looking out for you.
Mark

Glenda, from my experience, I'd say that when an echo is unchanged from one 6-months exam to another, that is a dern good thing! :D So glad to hear that things are going well for you. Best wishes for everything to continue smoothly....

Dear Glenda The Good, I am so very happy to read this report!You really are amazing.Sending a big hug to my valve sister, Brian

GLENDA!

So glad things are going well for you.

Can you believe that, in about a month and a half, it will have been a YEAR since I met up with you in Joplin during my Route 66 trip????

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It was worth all the while" ... Green Day ... 'Time Of Your Life'

No it doesn't seem possible. A year! Where could the time have gone? It's amazing how time flies when you get old. Christmas is almost upon us again. It comes around faster and faster every year!

No it doesn't seem possible. A year! Where could the time have gone? It's amazing how time flies when you get old. Christmas is almost upon us again. It comes around faster and faster every year!

Amen!

And, yes....we are up to the year anniversary..... If you figure out where the time went, please let me know...LOL!

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Nowadays you can't be too sentimental" ... Billy Joel ... 'It's Still Rock And Roll To Me'

Latest posts

Back