Had a great annual check-up today. No recurrance of lip CA!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvdr

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I hadn't really thought too much beforehand about this check-up appointment since I've really had a lot going on the last few months. Not only was there no sign of cancer returning but this is the first appointment that I didn't have to have anything biopsied, removed, or treated in some manner. It feels wonderful!
It has been over 3 1/2 years since I had a Squamous cell cancer on my upper lip in a sun damaged area. Even though it was skin cancer it was classed as lip cancer because of the location and lymphatics involved but it really doesn't matter if it is gone for good!:)

Congratulations, Betty-time to raise a glass in celebration! Enjoy your good health and keep up the good work.

Good news..Betty....I have had 2 basel skin cancers removed from my face....1 inside nose flap..and 1 near my eye..:eek: They both appeared as small..pearl-like pimples that would not go away.......Everyone should check themselves ..on a regular basis to see any abnormal type mole, ect....I loss a dear friend...to squamous skin cancer..:( ..he was very fair and always sat inside the shady area of our pool when we were watching our Grands..he had open-heart surgery the year before..by-passes..and we walked together, ect..(around the same time I had VR surgery)....I know he had regular checkups for skin cancers..yet..they missed one..:( and he found a lump in his thigh..removed..but too late...spread rapidly..and he passed 10 months later........Don't mean to sound morbid..just everyone..go and have any mole, ect. checked....if you are not sure if it looks normal? Bonnie

BETTY!!!

That's WONDERFUL news ... CONGRATULATIONS!

BTW ... how close are you to Charlotte NC?

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The thing I find most amazing in amazing grace is the chance to give it out" ... Brandon Heath ... 'I'm Not Who I Was'

Betty, that is great news. I'm really happy for you. I guess you are wearing hats and lotion protectors these days. I do.

Got a new dr last week and she took one look and said she will be sending me to a skin dr.

Bonnie made some good points to all of us. Skin cancer is insidious and it's there before we know it. I discovered one inside my upper arm - a place not in direct sunlight. Knew immediately what it way. It was black, purple, pink and erose in shape. Dr removed it yrs ago and so far.........

Growing up and remaining in very sunny areas are always a worry for skin cancer prone folks. And my mother taught me to stay out of the sun. Did I listen? I told my children the same. Did they listen?

Great news, Betty!
yay0.gif

knightfan2691 said:
BETTY!!!

That's WONDERFUL news ... CONGRATULATIONS!

BTW ... how close are you to Charlotte NC?

Cort, I am about 2- 2 1/2 hours from Charlotte. What days will you be there? I remember reading about a breakfast meeting you mentioned that I was trying to plug into my schedule but maybe things have changed enough now to work. I will have my grand daughter (age 3) all next week and maybe some the following week. My son and his family are trying to finish up their new home so they can move into it by Thanksgiving. If there is anyway i can I would love to see you again!

"The thing I find most amazing in amazing grace is the chance to give it out" ... Brandon Heath ... 'I'm Not Who I Was'

Cort, I am about 2- 2 1/2 hours from Charlotte. What days will you be there? I remember reading about a breakfast meeting you mentioned that I was trying to plug into my schedule but maybe things have changed enough now to work. I will have my grand daughter (age 3) all next week and maybe some the following week. My son and his family are trying to finish up their new home so they can move into it by Thanksgiving. If there is anyway i can I would love to see you again!

bvdr said:
Cort, I am about 2- 2 1/2 hours from Charlotte. What days will you be there?

*grins*

My road trip info is here:
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22780

I'll be in Charlotte starting late Saturday night, the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 24). I'll be staying with my best friend and her husband in Charlotte ... and leaving for SC and the Atlanta area early Monday morning. Right now, we are looking to get a luncheon or early early dinner gathering somewhere in Charlotte that Sunday, November 25. It won't be a breakfast meeting...sorry. Though, perhaps the afternoon gathering would actually work better for you? I sure hope so ... would be GREAT to see you again, too!!!! I believe it has been 3 years (2004) since I've seen you!

"Crank up the music" ... Steven Curtis Chapman ... 'Live Out Loud'

Yahoooooooo!!!

Yahoooooooo!!!

Wonderful news, Betty! I'm thrilled for you. It's about time you got some really good news. Many hugs. J.

Latest posts

Back