Got my numbers today...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paula

Had my cardio appt. today to see the Doctor since my echo last Tuesday. I wanted to share my numbers with all of you to get your feedback and opinons. Here is the summery of the echo...SEVERE AORTIC STENOSIS. AORTIC VALVE AREA 0.9 CM2.
AORTIC VALVE VELOCITY 462 CM/SEC. MEAN GRADIENT 49MM HG.
VIGOROUS LEFT VENTRICILAR FUNCTION. LEFT VENTRICULAR EJECTION FRACTION GREATER THAN 70%. RIGHT VENTRICULAR SYSTOLIC PRESSURE 19MM HG.
AORTIC ROOT 3.0 CM, AORTIC VALVE 1.6 CM, LEFT ATRIUM 3.7 CM.
He said it was just about a carbon copy except for the EF% went from 32 six months ago to 49 this past week. Said it was a signifigant jump, said I may start showing symptoms within a year??? I would love any input from all you wonderful people.
Oh, my cardiologist LOVED my VR.COM t-shirt and asked all sorts of questions about the site. I thought about making some buisness cards with the web address on it and putting them in the waiting room. What do you all think? Thanks for reading.

embarresed that I don't know his numbers

embarresed that I don't know his numbers

I feel terrible, I don't know any of these numbers you discussed. My husband had his aorta valve replaced and just got a defibrillator put in- that is the extent of my knowledge! I guess I better start paying attention.
Hopefully t hings are going well with you.
Linda

Paula - I was a little confused by your posting. I would assume your EF went from 49 to 32. Is that correct? Also, it says severe aortic stenosis and he thinks it will be a year before you get symptoms. How would he know? Anyway, I'm glad to see your T-shirt was so popular. And I think business cards in the waiting room is a great idea.

Good luck with your heart condition and possible future surgery. I hope you will repost and let us know what's going on. You seemed so connected to us in your writing. I hope someone with a better understanding of the numbers will comment.

Business cards sounds like a really wonderful idea -- can you share them with the rest of us? I have some of the stock to print my own business cards -- probalby many do. If you develop a card, perhaps the files can be shared, so the rest of us can print the cards to share?

Latest posts

Back