Good-bye Wafarin!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear you didn't have to stay on it. It would stink if a choice was made to use a tissue valve to avoid the use of coumadin, but have to take it anyway because of afib or something else.

I wonder why doctors don't test patients out on coumadin before valve repacement to do a dry run; you know, see if the drug works well for the patient. It could have an impact on the valve choice.

I've been on it for 6 years. I never got to choose whether to have an artificial valve - I went in for emergency surgery to repair an aortic dissection and they found that I had a bicuspid aortic valve when they did that - so they fixed it at the same time.

I woke up thinking I had swallowed a clock, ticking like the crocodile in Peter Pan!

Glad you are off it - I have no problems with dose really (once I went on a serious diet and that ruined it - had to inject Clexane for 2 weeks!) but I would rather not take it. Sadly that won't change unless they invent a wonder drug alternative.

Back