good afternoon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

I was actually just popping up and say, HEY! I haven'tbeen onthe computer much today, I have been cleaning around the kids. Let me tell you...that's not easy! Isn't it funny how you finish cleaning one thing, turn your back and 30 seconds later, it's a mess again! I think it's cause I had boys...what do you think?

Ha Ha Ross, my mom used to tell me that my brothers (who are like 22 months apart in age) did all sorts of funny stuff to her...they once got together and poured HERSHEY'S SYRUP all over the beige carpet! Boys, who knew?

See, what you mothers fail to understand is, we boys have a set order in the mess we create. When you come along and clean, you mess up our little order and screw up our whole world. :p

Hi Joy

Hi Joy

Like I have said..Housework makes you ugly:D :D :D That house will be there after you and Kevin are gone..:p :p :p Just enjoy those boys..they will grow up fast..Nope. my boy was so easy to raise..Try raising a girl:eek: :eek: :eek: When girls reach age 12..:eek: :eek: :eek: Bonnie

Now hold on, Boiine. . .

Now hold on, Boiine. . .

Bonnie, Just hold on a minute. That thing about when girls hit 12 or 13. . . is affected by your gender perspective. As the dad of a young lady who is now almost 17, I have to say that from 12 onward the relationship with mom has been difficult, BUT the relationship with dad never hit even a speed bump.

I'll bet it is the opposite with boys. I remember many "debates" with my dad, even well into my adulthood. Always ended fine, but we just saw the same problem from different directions.

Just another reason that He made both men and women!

Steve

Steve

When my daughter was 12..they ran an article in our weekly newspaper. Small county:D Father's day was coming up and wanted the kids to write why I love my Father..Adriane wrote..because when I make bad grades in school, ect. My daddy never fusses at me like my Mom. He always says, Just try harder the next time..Needless to say, She won first place. Have a picture of the 2 in the paper.:D :D :D She was honored last night as being one of 3 top graduates at Brenau Woman's College in Gainesville, Ga. Told me in her early 20's..Boy, Mom, I am sure glad you kept me in line:) :) :) A proud Mother of a beautiful daughter. Bonnie

Had two girls - when they were 11 and 13, along came the boy. Girls were messier, noisier; boy was much more adventurous - they grew up to be organized women. The boy grew up to be the same. He has a wife, no children and he can do cleaning and cooking when he has to. So, it's a toss-up.

Hensylee said:
--they grew up to be organized women. The boy grew up to be the same.

So, your boy grew up to be an organized woman. Talk about your major surgeries....;) :D

Well Joy,
I'll tell you what--- three days a week we have two boys here. One is two and half, other is four and half. Every nite when mom picks them up, the house looks like a cyclone passed by. I'm not kidding, it really does! We know they are curious and like to experiment and that is part of the learning process, so we let them go--- within reason. :D Enjoy them, they grow so quickly.

John - I figured Ross would make the statement you made!!! LOL As I was re-reading my post this morning, I said to me, UH OH and sure nuff, there was your funny. When my son grew up, I used to tell him if she works outside the home and you work outside the home, then the homework is yours, too - just as much as hers. He listened - can you believe it.

hi all!
as a mother of two wonderful young ladies , 15 and 18, (i grew up as a tomboy with two younger brothers, always begged my mom for a sister), i must admit, i love having my girls.
joey, who grew up with two older sisters, knows no differently.his life has always revolved around women.
i must say that my girls are very different. our older daughter was extremely rebellious and strong minded, doing everything HER way, very independent. i was/am always wrong or don't seem to understand. she's really given us a run for our money!!!!
our youngest is very cuddly, loves to be with us, flexible and is easier in many ways.
i think it's a toss-up and just a matter of different personalities.
it is a lot of work, as you all know, raising good kids today. but isn't it so worth it????
they are truly what life is about, no? (sorry to get mushy )
enjoy them and be well, sylvia

I have an 18-year old developmentally disabled daughter with autisitic tenencies. Everything in the house must be in perfect order (which sounds great) except that it must be HER order, which rarely matches ours! Oh well, we've adapted.

Incidentally, if Joey and Sylvia have kids that old, their photo must be ten years old (at least) or they started the day they reached puberty!:)
Paul

My kids my hubby

My kids my hubby

My friends and family calls me anal. My hubby says if he wants to drive me nuts he shakes the kitchen table to make the center piece of kilter. My mother in law asks me of I want a tape measure to put a table cloth back on. I know I sometimes get on other peoples nerves when it comes to my house but when my hubby did a job this winter at his friends house he came home and thanked me for keeping our house as nice as I do. I will admit it is so much easier now then when are kids lived at home. BUT when the other kids (my neices and nephews and granddaughter) come over I let them play as much as they want and I play with them. I don't freak out about the mess. I'll clean it up later. I bake with them, I play playdoe with them, I let them play with bubbles in the kitchen sink. I guess I'm just a sucker for kids. Oh and I want to announce that we are expecting our 2nd grandchild in November.

Sure

Sure

I'll be there. I am a good organizer. I think that is my way of having control. There's been so much in my life that was out of my control that I try to make sure everything here is very controled. My daughter has inherited my anal ways. She says "Mom I'm just like you. My favorite aisle in the grocery store is the cleaning products aisle". The sad thing is we really mean it.

Last edited:
I've virtually given up! Every time I've cleaned this place and told the "Household Individuals" that their stuff is not to be placed all over, it looks like a nightmare 2 days later. I quit. Now, I live in one semi large pigpen. It drives me nuts. :mad:

Latest posts

Back